Past Events › Elective
This 8-session elective course is designed to introduce students to the basics of acting for the stage and covers a wide range of techniques. We will explore how to use our voice and our body with focus and confidence, how to tap into our own experiences for powerful performances, how to engage with our scene partners and the audience, and much more. Students will leave the course with a strong foundation in the fundamentals of acting, including practical knowledge such…Find out more »
This is an introductory course for improvisers interested in creating an improvised musical. The course takes students through a comprehensive program focused on musical theatre genres, creating narratives song structures using melodies, rhyme and rap. Students will gain confidence making up full songs, and to begin to understand how to implement them into scenes and stories. Student Show: September 29th, 6:30pm PREREQUISITES: Level 1 - Intro to Improv (or Improv Basics) AND BOTH Level 2 courses (Game of the Scene, Truth…Find out more »
Please note: we are unable to offer refunds on workshop or course registration!
Please read our FAQs! (We’re pretty sure all your questions are answered there).
General course requirements:
- All students must read and agree to our School Policies.
- All improv students are required to join and participate in at least one improv jam and see at least one improv show at CCB during the course.
- Students may not miss more than 2 out of 8 classes (there are no make up classes)
- Students may not be more than 15 minutes late to 4 out of 8 classes
- Students must be respectful to their fellow students and course instructors, and adhere to our Student & Teacher Code of Conduct and our Community Code of Conduct.
Give the gift of good improv with CCBTS Gift Vouchers!