Building on the foundations set in Level 1, this course focuses on the writer’s room and producing a full sketch show. During the first 4 weeks of the course, students will learn the process of pitching & brainstorming and working in a writer’s room, and will then be expected to write and select sketches for a 30-minute student show. The second half of the course will consist of producing and rehearsing the show itself.
Topics covered in this course:
- Workshopping sketches critically and with grace
- Casting & table reads
- Working with and directing actors
- Acting for the stage
- Breaking down a sketch for props & cues
- The tech booth, tech’ing a show and learning QLab to run cues
- Rehearsals, getting ‘off book’
- Sketch show formats
- & much more!
Prerequisites: Sketch 101