Co-Director | Instructor
Josh Telson is a comedian and filmmaker living in Berlin, Germany by way of New York City. As a filmmaker he has produced, shot and directed countless short films and documentaries, including numerous sketch videos and promos.
He is a founding member of GLB and a former member of ComedySportz Berlin, two of the most popular improv groups in Berlin. He co-founded Berlin’s first Harold group/team “The Improv Amt” and co-produced one of Berlin’s most popular monthly comedy shows “Post Humor”, which ran from 2012 to 2013 and featured original sketches, video, and long form improv. As a stand up comedian, he performs regularly all over Berlin and Germany, and back in New York City whenever he can. He is a co-creator of Tatort auf Englisch and the podcast “piffle!” with his brother Noah, and has taught improv with ComedySportz and Hive Improv. As the father of two young children, he uses his improv skills on a daily basis because kids are f•cking crazy.
Please do not contact instructors directly!
Upcoming Courses & Workshops:
Building on the foundations set in 101 - Intro to Sketch, this course focuses on the writer’s room and producing a full sketch show. During the first 4 weeks of the course, students will learn the process of pitching & brainstorming and working in a writer’s room, and will then be expected to write and […]Find out more »
In this course, we introduce students to the concept of ‘the Game of the Scene’, a funny pattern that is explored and heightened to maximum effect. A core part of the North American approach to improv, Game is a pillar of our philosophy of comedic improv. Students will learn to build solid scene platforms, identify […]Find out more »
Please note: we are unable to offer refunds on workshop or course registration!
Please read our FAQs! (We’re pretty sure all your questions are answered there).
General course requirements:
- All students must read and agree to our School Policies.
- All improv students are required to join and participate in at least one improv jam and see at least one improv show at CCB during the course.
- Students may not miss more than 2 out of 8 classes (there are no make up classes)
- Students may not be more than 15 minutes late to 4 out of 8 classes
- Students must be respectful to their fellow students and course instructors, and adhere to our Student & Teacher Code of Conduct and our Community Code of Conduct.
Give the gift of good improv with CCBTS Gift Vouchers!