The Harold is one of the foundational forms in North American improv, and is performed and taught by most major improv theaters on the other side of the Atlantic. It is a 25-minute form consisting of multiple stories revisited and heightened over the course of many scenes and is a fun way to highlight both the pattern of a funny idea and emotional truth.
The CCB Harold strives to achieve the perfect melding of these ideas by introducing strong grounded characters up front and then exploding into comedic threads – bounding through wild patterns, exploring the unexpected and teasing out every last laugh.
In this course, we build upon the foundation set in Level 2 and hone student’s skill set in preparation for creating their own teams and auditioning for House Harold Teams. In learning and practicing the Harold, we will emphasize listening, bringing focus to scenes, and clearly identifying games to heighten them swiftly to their zenith.
Please note: we are unable to offer refunds on workshop or course registration!
Please read our FAQs! (We’re pretty sure all your questions are answered there).
General course requirements:
- All students must read and agree to our School Policies.
- All improv students are required to join and participate in at least one improv jam and see at least one improv show at CCB during the course.
- Students may not miss more than 2 out of 8 classes (there are no make up classes)
- Students may not be more than 15 minutes late to 4 out of 8 classes
- Students must be respectful to their fellow students and course instructors, and adhere to our Student & Teacher Code of Conduct and our Community Code of Conduct.
Give the gift of good improv with CCBTS Gift Vouchers!