Game of the Scene
In this course, we introduce students to the concept of the ‘Game of the Scene’, a funny idea that is explored and heightened to create comedy magic on stage. A core part of the North American approach to improv, Game is a pillar of our philosophy of comedic improv.
Students will learn to build solid scene platforms, to identify funny ideas, and to create patterns out of those funny ideas that can be revisited later in a show. We emphasize a holistic approach to Game, encouraging students to embrace character work, teamwork and physical acting while honing in on a single comedic idea to make a scene as funny as possible.
Please note: we are unable to offer refunds on workshop or course registration!
Please read our FAQs! (We’re pretty sure all your questions are answered there).
General course requirements:
- All students must read and agree to our School Policies.
- All improv students are required to join and participate in at least one improv jam and see at least one improv show at CCB during the course.
- Students may not miss more than 2 out of 8 classes (there are no make up classes)
- Students may not be more than 15 minutes late to 4 out of 8 classes
- Students must be respectful to their fellow students and course instructors, and adhere to our Student & Teacher Code of Conduct and our Community Code of Conduct.
Give the gift of good improv with CCBTS Gift Vouchers!