- This event has passed.
Write Your Comedy Sketch! with Steindór Jónsson
Tuesdays, May 7th - May 7th (1 Classes)
7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Enter the writers’ room and leave with a fully developed comedy sketch! This workshop will teach you the fundamentals of writing sketch comedy and help you hone your skills further. We’ll focus on the “game” of the sketch and building characters, but also ways to break free from the structure and surprise the audience. Students will bring in pre-written sketch drafts, which we’ll read, discuss and improve upon. The writers’ room is a collective effort, so everyone can chip in! After rewrites, your sketch will be ready for production. If you want to make your comedy ideas a reality, this is the workshop for you.
No previous experience needed!
Please be prepared to bring along:
- a written sketch or sketch pitch
- Maximum 5 pages
- Google Doc that can be shared or printed out
- something to write with or on
- or paper & pencil
Steindor Jonsson is an Icelandic writer, comedian and podcaster. He performs improv and standup in Berlin and internationally, but most of all he loves writing sketch comedy. He’s studied sketch writing with Rebecca Drysdale (Key & Peele) and written and produced sketch for The Gemini Consortium, Sketch Bomb, VCR and his own The Steindor Jonsson Wariety Shov at Comedy Café Berlin. He also created the web series Cloud of Ash which received international attention.
General Course & Workshop Info
Please note: we are unable to offer refunds on workshop or course registration!
Please read our FAQs! (We’re pretty sure all your questions are answered there).
All of our standard 8-week courses include a student show, personal feedback and a Certificate of Completion*!
Health & Safety Requirements (as of August 2022)
- Due to the elimination of state-provided free testing (“Bürgertests”), all courses and workshops are 3G. This means all instructors and students must be Geimpft (vaccinated), Genesen (recovered) OR Getestet (tested within 24 hours) for COVID-19. You will be required to show proof of your status.
- If you are feeling unwell, please let your instructor know and stay home!
- FFP2 masks should be worn at all times unless students are actively performing in a scene or exercise.
- Courses & workshops will take place at Comedy Café Berlin where we have a brand-new, state-of-the-art ventilation and air filtration system.
- All students must read and agree to our School Policies and the above Healthy & Safety Guidelines.
- Students must be respectful to their fellow students and course instructors, and adhere to our Student & Teacher Code of Conduct and our Community Code of Conduct.
General requirements to successfully complete 8-week courses & intensives:
- All improv students are required to join and participate in at least one improv jam and see at least one improv show at CCB during the course.
- Students may not miss more than 2 out of 8 classes (there are no make up classes)
- Students may not be more than 15 minutes late to 4 out of 8 classes
Guest courses or workshops may have different requirements.
*upon successful completion of the course
Give the gift of good improv with CCBTS Gift Vouchers!