- This event has passed.
Truth of the Scene
Sundays, August 30th - August 30th (1 Classes)
4:00 pm - 6:30 pm
This course focuses on grounding your improv in something realistic and emotionally tangible. We explore how characters, worlds and scenes unfold when we focus on relationships and the “who”. Together with Game, Truth of the Scene is a pillar of our philosophy of comedic improv.
You’ll learn how to put yourself in the mindset of discovery by listening and staying honest and truthful. You’ll discover how playing grounded, relatable characters can provide rich, fulfilling and hilarious scenes. Get ready to throw out preconceived notions of story and delve headfirst into the unknown!
Please note, this course will be held with additional health & safety measures in place, including:
- Courses may take place at CCB or another venue where we can ensure proper physical distancing depending on class size. We will notify registered students of the class location at least 1 week before the course starts.
- 1.5meters distance should be maintained at all times between participants
- Seats, door handles and other touch points in the theater/classroom will be cleaned/disinfected between each class.
- Bathrooms will be cleaned/disinfected between each class.
- The classroom will be clearly demarcated to assist with physical distancing.
- Teachers will provide more breaks to allow folks time for fresher air and more distancing
Student show: TBD
PREREQUISITES: Level 1 – Intro to Improv at The CCB Training School.
General Course & Workshop Info
Please note: we are unable to offer refunds on workshop or course registration!
Please read our FAQs! (We’re pretty sure all your questions are answered there).
All of our standard 8-week courses include a student show, personal feedback and a Certificate of Completion*!
Health & Safety Requirements (as of July 2022)
- As long as free testing (“Bürgertest”) remains available, all courses and workshops at CCBTS are 2G+. This means all instructors and students must be Geimpft (vaccinated) or Genesen (recovered) from COVID-19, PLUS everyone must be tested before each class. You will be required to show proof of your vaccination or recovery on the first day of class. If you are medically unable to be vaccinated, please get in touch with us.
- If free testing is no longer available, all courses and workshops will be 3G. This means all instructors and students must be Geimpft (vaccinated), Genesen (recovered) or Getestet (tested within 24 hours) for COVID-19.
- If you are feeling unwell, please let your instructor know and stay home!
- FFP2 masks should be worn at all times unless students are actively performing in a scene or exercise.
- Courses & workshops will take place at Comedy Café Berlin where we have a brand-new, state-of-the-art ventilation and air filtration system.
- All students must read and agree to our School Policies and the above Healthy & Safety Guidelines.
- Students must be respectful to their fellow students and course instructors, and adhere to our Student & Teacher Code of Conduct and our Community Code of Conduct.
General requirements to successfully complete 8-week courses & intensives:
- All improv students are required to join and participate in at least one improv jam and see at least one improv show at CCB during the course.
- Students may not miss more than 2 out of 8 classes (there are no make up classes)
- Students may not be more than 15 minutes late to 4 out of 8 classes
Guest courses or workshops may have different requirements.
*upon successful completion of the course
Give the gift of good improv with CCBTS Gift Vouchers!