Truth of the Scene
Tuesdays, October 18th - December 6th (8 Classes)
7:00 pm - 9:30 pm
This course focuses on grounding your improv in something realistic and emotionally tangible. We explore how characters, worlds and scenes unfold when we focus on relationships and the “who”. Together with Game, Truth of the Scene is a pillar of our philosophy of comedic improv.
You’ll learn how to put yourself in the mindset of discovery by listening and staying honest and truthful. You’ll discover how playing grounded, relatable characters can provide rich, fulfilling and hilarious scenes. Get ready to throw out preconceived notions of story and delve headfirst into the unknown!
Please read our health & safety requirements below!
Student show: Friday, December 9, 2022
PREREQUISITES: Level 1 – Intro to Improv at The CCB Training School.
The course is currently sold out! You may add yourself to the wait list below, though please be aware that it is uncommon for spots to open up.
General Course & Workshop Info
Please note: we are unable to offer refunds on workshop or course registration!
Please read our FAQs! (We’re pretty sure all your questions are answered there).
All of our standard 8-week courses include a student show, personal feedback and a Certificate of Completion*!
Health & Safety Requirements (as of August 2022)
- Due to the elimination of state-provided free testing (“Bürgertests”), all courses and workshops are 3G. This means all instructors and students must be Geimpft (vaccinated), Genesen (recovered) OR Getestet (tested within 24 hours) for COVID-19. You will be required to show proof of your status.
- If you are feeling unwell, please let your instructor know and stay home!
- FFP2 masks should be worn at all times unless students are actively performing in a scene or exercise.
- Courses & workshops will take place at Comedy Café Berlin where we have a brand-new, state-of-the-art ventilation and air filtration system.
- All students must read and agree to our School Policies and the above Healthy & Safety Guidelines.
- Students must be respectful to their fellow students and course instructors, and adhere to our Student & Teacher Code of Conduct and our Community Code of Conduct.
General requirements to successfully complete 8-week courses & intensives:
- All improv students are required to join and participate in at least one improv jam and see at least one improv show at CCB during the course.
- Students may not miss more than 2 out of 8 classes (there are no make up classes)
- Students may not be more than 15 minutes late to 4 out of 8 classes
Guest courses or workshops may have different requirements.
*upon successful completion of the course
Give the gift of good improv with CCBTS Gift Vouchers!