- This event has passed.
Mondays, August 24th - August 24th (1 Classes)
7:30 pm - 10:00 pm
The Harold is one of the foundational forms in North American improv, and is performed and taught by most major improv theaters across the Atlantic. It is a 25-minute form consisting of multiple stories revisited and heightened over the course of many scenes and is a fun way to highlight both the pattern of a funny idea and emotional truth.
In this course, we build upon the foundation set in Level 2 and hone student’s skill set in preparation for creating their own teams and auditioning for House Harold Teams. In learning and practicing the Harold, we will emphasize listening, bringing focus to scenes, and clearly identifying games to heighten them swiftly to their zenith.
Please note, this course will be held with additional health & safety measures in place, including:
- Courses may take place at CCB or another venue where we can ensure proper physical distancing depending on class size. We will notify registered students of the class location at least 1 week before the course starts.
- 1.5meters distance should be maintained at all times between participants
- Seats, door handles and other touch points in the theater/classroom will be cleaned/disinfected between each class.
- Bathrooms will be cleaned/disinfected between each class.
- The classroom will be clearly demarcated to assist with physical distancing.
- Teachers will provide more breaks to allow folks time for fresher air and more distancing
Student show: TBD
Please note: we are unable to offer refunds on workshop or course registration!
Please read our FAQs! (We're pretty sure all your questions are answered there).
Health & Safety Requirements (updated November 2021)
- Effective December 2021, all courses and workshops at CCBTS are 2G+. This means all instructors and students must be Geimpft (vaccinated) or Genesen (recovered) from COVID-19, PLUS everyone must be tested before each class. You will be required to show proof of your vaccination or recovery on the first day of class. If you are medically unable to be vaccinated, please get in touch with us.
- All instructors and students must show valid proof of a negative same-day rapid antigen test (Schnelltest) before each class or they will be required to wear an FFP2 mask for the duration of the class (including in exercises/scenes). Students in Musical Improv courses MUST be tested before each class.
- We ask that FFP2 masks be worn at all times unless students are actively performing in a scene or exercise.
- Courses & workshops will take place at Comedy Café Berlin where we have a brand-new, state-of-the-art ventilation and air filtration system.
- All students must read and agree to our School Policies and the above Healthy & Safety Guidelines.
- Students must be respectful to their fellow students and course instructors, and adhere to our Student & Teacher Code of Conduct and our Community Code of Conduct.
General requirements to successfully complete 8-week courses & intensives:
- All improv students are required to join and participate in at least one improv jam and see at least one improv show at CCB during the course.
- Students may not miss more than 2 out of 8 classes (there are no make up classes)
- Students may not be more than 15 minutes late to 4 out of 8 classes
Give the gift of good improv with CCBTS Gift Vouchers!