- This event has passed.
Please note, this class skips April 20, 2019 (1 Classes)
1:00 pm - 3:30 pm
The Harold is one of the foundational forms in North American improv, and is performed and taught by most major improv theaters across the Atlantic. It is a 25-minute form consisting of multiple stories revisited and heightened over the course of many scenes and is a fun way to highlight both the pattern of a funny idea and emotional truth.
In this course, we build upon the foundation set in Level 2 and hone student’s skill set in preparation for creating their own teams and auditioning for House Harold Teams. In learning and practicing the Harold, we will emphasize listening, bringing focus to scenes, and clearly identifying games to heighten them swiftly to their zenith.
Student Show: May 4th 2019, 7:00pm
Please note, this class skips April 20, 2019.
PREREQUISITES: Level 1 – Intro to Improv (or Improv Basics) AND BOTH Level 2 courses (Game of the Scene, Truth of the Scene/Honest Improv) at The CCB Training School or with Hive Improv, or a waiver from CCBTS to take this course.
General Course & Workshop Info
Please note: we are unable to offer refunds on workshop or course registration!
Please read our FAQs! (We’re pretty sure all your questions are answered there).
All of our standard 8-week courses include a student show, personal feedback and a Certificate of Completion*!
Health & Safety Requirements (as of July 2022)
- As long as free testing (“Bürgertest”) remains available, all courses and workshops at CCBTS are 2G+. This means all instructors and students must be Geimpft (vaccinated) or Genesen (recovered) from COVID-19, PLUS everyone must be tested before each class. You will be required to show proof of your vaccination or recovery on the first day of class. If you are medically unable to be vaccinated, please get in touch with us.
- If free testing is no longer available, all courses and workshops will be 3G. This means all instructors and students must be Geimpft (vaccinated), Genesen (recovered) or Getestet (tested within 24 hours) for COVID-19.
- If you are feeling unwell, please let your instructor know and stay home!
- FFP2 masks should be worn at all times unless students are actively performing in a scene or exercise.
- Courses & workshops will take place at Comedy Café Berlin where we have a brand-new, state-of-the-art ventilation and air filtration system.
- All students must read and agree to our School Policies and the above Healthy & Safety Guidelines.
- Students must be respectful to their fellow students and course instructors, and adhere to our Student & Teacher Code of Conduct and our Community Code of Conduct.
General requirements to successfully complete 8-week courses & intensives:
- All improv students are required to join and participate in at least one improv jam and see at least one improv show at CCB during the course.
- Students may not miss more than 2 out of 8 classes (there are no make up classes)
- Students may not be more than 15 minutes late to 4 out of 8 classes
Guest courses or workshops may have different requirements.
*upon successful completion of the course
Give the gift of good improv with CCBTS Gift Vouchers!