- This event has passed.
Storytelling Boot Camp with Carly Ann Filbin
Saturday, June 4th & Sunday, June 5th (2 Classes)
10:00 am - 12:30 pm
Take your personal experiences and turn them into an entertaining, engaging, and funny performance! In this workshop, we’ll explore speed drills, memory mining, and the basic elements of storytelling and solo performance. Whether you want to produce your own solo show, add more narrative elements to your stand-up, or simply get better at telling a good story or public speaking – this workshop will teach you how to turn ANYTHING THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED TO YOU into brilliant works of art.
Because notes are personalized, all levels are welcome.
No previous writing experience required.
Carly Ann Filbin
Carly created Let Me Break You Up: An Anti-Dating Game Show, which was performed monthly in NYC at UCB, Le Poisson Rouge, Littlefield and the New York Comedy Festival, as well as toured and tortured the country. Optioned by TruTV, and produced by Cowboy Bear Ninja.
Carly also performs the monthly, sold-out matchmaking show Young, Hot, Sluts. In addition to performing in sketch, improv, stand-up and gameshows, this passable natural blonde has written and performed multiple longform storytelling shows including Validate Me (UCB, Cincinnati Fringe), This Doesn’t Mean I’m Your Boyfriend, (UCB, Philadelphia Improv Theatre, Carnegie Stage) and Coke Ass (UCB).
Carly started storytelling as a touring cast member of Awkward Sex…and the City, a comedy show that played such venues as Zanies Nashville, Laugh Boston, and Black Cat DC.
Please read our health & safety requirements below!
General Course & Workshop Info
Please note: we are unable to offer refunds on workshop or course registration!
Please read our FAQs! (We’re pretty sure all your questions are answered there).
All of our standard 8-week courses include a student show, personal feedback and a Certificate of Completion*!
Health & Safety Requirements (as of August 2022)
- Due to the elimination of state-provided free testing (“Bürgertests”), all courses and workshops are 3G. This means all instructors and students must be Geimpft (vaccinated), Genesen (recovered) OR Getestet (tested within 24 hours) for COVID-19. You will be required to show proof of your status.
- If you are feeling unwell, please let your instructor know and stay home!
- FFP2 masks should be worn at all times unless students are actively performing in a scene or exercise.
- Courses & workshops will take place at Comedy Café Berlin where we have a brand-new, state-of-the-art ventilation and air filtration system.
- All students must read and agree to our School Policies and the above Healthy & Safety Guidelines.
- Students must be respectful to their fellow students and course instructors, and adhere to our Student & Teacher Code of Conduct and our Community Code of Conduct.
General requirements to successfully complete 8-week courses & intensives:
- All improv students are required to join and participate in at least one improv jam and see at least one improv show at CCB during the course.
- Students may not miss more than 2 out of 8 classes (there are no make up classes)
- Students may not be more than 15 minutes late to 4 out of 8 classes
Guest courses or workshops may have different requirements.
*upon successful completion of the course
Give the gift of good improv with CCBTS Gift Vouchers!