Storytelling Boot Camp with Carly Ann Filbin
Saturday, June 4th & Sunday, June 5th (2 Classes)
10:00 am - 12:30 pm
Take your personal experiences and turn them into an entertaining, engaging, and funny performance! In this workshop, we’ll explore speed drills, memory mining, and the basic elements of storytelling and solo performance. Whether you want to produce your own solo show, add more narrative elements to your stand-up, or simply get better at telling a good story or public speaking – this workshop will teach you how to turn ANYTHING THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED TO YOU into brilliant works of art.
Because notes are personalized, all levels are welcome.
No previous writing experience required.
Carly Ann Filbin
Carly created Let Me Break You Up: An Anti-Dating Game Show, which was performed monthly in NYC at UCB, Le Poisson Rouge, Littlefield and the New York Comedy Festival, as well as toured and tortured the country. Optioned by TruTV, and produced by Cowboy Bear Ninja.
Carly also performs the monthly, sold-out matchmaking show Young, Hot, Sluts. In addition to performing in sketch, improv, stand-up and gameshows, this passable natural blonde has written and performed multiple longform storytelling shows including Validate Me (UCB, Cincinnati Fringe), This Doesn’t Mean I’m Your Boyfriend, (UCB, Philadelphia Improv Theatre, Carnegie Stage) and Coke Ass (UCB).
Carly started storytelling as a touring cast member of Awkward Sex…and the City, a comedy show that played such venues as Zanies Nashville, Laugh Boston, and Black Cat DC.
Please read our health & safety requirements below!
Please note: we are unable to offer refunds on workshop or course registration!
Please read our FAQs! (We’re pretty sure all your questions are answered there).
Health & Safety Requirements
- All courses and workshops at CCBTS are 2G+. This means all instructors and students must be Geimpft (vaccinated) or Genesen (recovered) from COVID-19, PLUS everyone must be tested before each class. You will be required to show proof of your vaccination or recovery on the first day of class. If you are medically unable to be vaccinated, please get in touch with us.
- All instructors and students must show valid proof of a negative same-day rapid antigen test (Schnelltest) before each class. Free tests are available at test centers through June 2022.
- Students are encouraged to wear masks when not performing in a scene or exercise.
- These restrictions may be re-evaluated if/when the 7 day incidence rate in Berlin decreases.
- Courses & workshops will take place at Comedy Café Berlin where we have a brand-new, state-of-the-art ventilation and air filtration system.
- All students must read and agree to our School Policies and the above Healthy & Safety Guidelines.
- Students must be respectful to their fellow students and course instructors, and adhere to our Student & Teacher Code of Conduct and our Community Code of Conduct.
General requirements to successfully complete 8-week courses & intensives:
- All improv students are required to join and participate in at least one improv jam and see at least one improv show at CCB during the course.
- Students may not miss more than 2 out of 8 classes (there are no make up classes)
- Students may not be more than 15 minutes late to 4 out of 8 classes
Guest courses or workshops may have different requirements.
Give the gift of good improv with CCBTS Gift Vouchers!