- This event has passed.
Starting a Show with Trevor Silverstein
Saturday, September 26, 2020 | 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Hosting a show or even just asking for a suggestion can often be the most daunting part of any improv show. But it doesn’t have to be! Whether you’re hosting alone, in a duo, or with a full team, this workshop will be geared towards making you feel calm, cool, collected AND PREPARED, so that the audience feels that way too. It will explore many different ways of hitting the stage, warming up the crowd and engaging with them to find inspiration for your shows.
About the instructor
Trevor Silverstein is a filmmaker/comedian who has been performing in both improv and sketch shows in Berlin since 2016. He can be seen regularly at Comedy Cafe Berlin with various groups including Fünfdollar, Action Jackson and the live comedy podcast, The Berlin Open Stage Show (www.bearradio.org/boss).
Please note: we are unable to offer refunds on workshop or course registration!
Please read our FAQs! (We’re pretty sure all your questions are answered there).
Health & Safety Requirements
- All courses and workshops at CCBTS are 2G+. This means all instructors and students must be Geimpft (vaccinated) or Genesen (recovered) from COVID-19, PLUS everyone must be tested before each class. You will be required to show proof of your vaccination or recovery on the first day of class. If you are medically unable to be vaccinated, please get in touch with us.
- All instructors and students must show valid proof of a negative same-day rapid antigen test (Schnelltest) before each class. Free tests are available at test centers through June 2022.
- Students are encouraged to wear masks when not performing in a scene or exercise.
- These restrictions may be re-evaluated if/when the 7 day incidence rate in Berlin decreases.
- Courses & workshops will take place at Comedy Café Berlin where we have a brand-new, state-of-the-art ventilation and air filtration system.
- All students must read and agree to our School Policies and the above Healthy & Safety Guidelines.
- Students must be respectful to their fellow students and course instructors, and adhere to our Student & Teacher Code of Conduct and our Community Code of Conduct.
General requirements to successfully complete 8-week courses & intensives:
- All improv students are required to join and participate in at least one improv jam and see at least one improv show at CCB during the course.
- Students may not miss more than 2 out of 8 classes (there are no make up classes)
- Students may not be more than 15 minutes late to 4 out of 8 classes
Guest courses or workshops may have different requirements.
Give the gift of good improv with CCBTS Gift Vouchers!