- This event has passed.
Sketch Writing Advanced Study – Online
Mondays, June 8th - June 8th (1 Classes)
7:30 pm - 10:00 pm
Building on the foundations set in 101, this course is focused on honing sharp, professional and confident writing skills. Students will be guided through various writing prompts to target specific sketch styles & skills, and receive feedback from their instructor. Specific attention will be paid to proper formatting and the revision and re-writing process. Students are encouraged to work on both new and previously written material.
Students should expect to leave the course with at least a modest portfolio of professionally-formatted writing samples.
Please note, students should be prepared to write and read sketches outside of class!
This course will be held entirely online using Google Classroom and web video conferencing.
PREREQUISITES: 101 – Intro to Sketch at The CCB Training School. If you have not completed our 101 course but have equivalent sketch writing experience, please write in to us before registering to request a waiver, otherwise your registration will be cancelled!
Online course requirements:
- A stable internet connection.
- A quiet, distraction-free place.
- A computer with a webcam and mic. Headphones are recommended.
- Students will need a Google account to use Google Meet video conferencing and Google Classroom. Links will be sent to all registered students on Sunday, June 7th.
Class Size: 10 Students
This course does not include a student show
General Course & Workshop Info
Please note: we are unable to offer refunds on workshop or course registration!
Please read our FAQs! (We’re pretty sure all your questions are answered there).
All of our standard 8-week courses include a student show, personal feedback and a Certificate of Completion*!
Health & Safety Requirements (as of July 2022)
- As long as free testing (“Bürgertest”) remains available, all courses and workshops at CCBTS are 2G+. This means all instructors and students must be Geimpft (vaccinated) or Genesen (recovered) from COVID-19, PLUS everyone must be tested before each class. You will be required to show proof of your vaccination or recovery on the first day of class. If you are medically unable to be vaccinated, please get in touch with us.
- If free testing is no longer available, all courses and workshops will be 3G. This means all instructors and students must be Geimpft (vaccinated), Genesen (recovered) or Getestet (tested within 24 hours) for COVID-19.
- If you are feeling unwell, please let your instructor know and stay home!
- FFP2 masks should be worn at all times unless students are actively performing in a scene or exercise.
- Courses & workshops will take place at Comedy Café Berlin where we have a brand-new, state-of-the-art ventilation and air filtration system.
- All students must read and agree to our School Policies and the above Healthy & Safety Guidelines.
- Students must be respectful to their fellow students and course instructors, and adhere to our Student & Teacher Code of Conduct and our Community Code of Conduct.
General requirements to successfully complete 8-week courses & intensives:
- All improv students are required to join and participate in at least one improv jam and see at least one improv show at CCB during the course.
- Students may not miss more than 2 out of 8 classes (there are no make up classes)
- Students may not be more than 15 minutes late to 4 out of 8 classes
Guest courses or workshops may have different requirements.
*upon successful completion of the course
Give the gift of good improv with CCBTS Gift Vouchers!