Scene Work FUNdamentals – Online Level 1
Tuesdays, April 14th - May 5th (4 Classes)
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Please note the date change! We’ve pushed this course back to start April 14th to allow for more sign ups.
For beginners to improv with an interest in performing improv/being a comedian, improving public speaking or other professional pursuits, being more creative, or just for fun!
This class will lay down the foundation of long-form improv, focusing on the basic tools to perform a scene with clarity.
Students will primarily work in pairs and be given direct coaching by the instructor.
Little to no improv experience required! In addition to strengthening ‘soft-skills’ useful in everyday life, this course will give you a leg up for jumping into the standard curriculum 101 Intro to Improv course.
Classes will take place via virtual video conferencing. CCBTS instructors will guide the class through a series of 2-person warm-ups, exercises and scenes providing real-time feedback and side coaching.
Online courses provided a unique opportunity for students to work on being aware, present, and direct. Without the immediacy of in-person interaction and the inability to convey nonverbal cues, students will learn that being clear, descriptive, accepting and patient is fundamental in a fulfilling, fun scene.
The Online 4- week curriculum is separate from the standard 8-week curriculum (e.g., passing Online Level 1 does not grant the ability to take standard curriculum Level 2 courses).
Courses are limited to 12 students.
Classes are 2 hours long.
Online course requirements:
- A stable internet connection.
- A quiet, distraction-free place.
- A computer with a webcam and mic. Headphones are recommended.
- Students will need to create a free account with our conferencing solution and download necessary software (details to be provided after registration).
Our registration system is currently experiencing issues on Firefox and Safari. If you have any issues registering, please try using Chrome. Thanks for your patience!
Please note: we are unable to offer refunds on workshop or course registration!
Please read our FAQs! (We’re pretty sure all your questions are answered there).
- All students must read and agree to our School Policies.
- Students must be respectful to their fellow students and course instructors, and adhere to our Student & Teacher Code of Conduct and our Community Code of Conduct.
General requirements for 8-week courses & intensives:
- All improv students are required to join and participate in at least one improv jam and see at least one improv show at CCB during the course.
- Students may not miss more than 2 out of 8 classes (there are no make up classes)
- Students may not be more than 15 minutes late to 4 out of 8 classes
Give the gift of good improv with CCBTS Gift Vouchers!