- This event has passed.
PowerSlam: Getting In Touch With Your Wild Style with Danny Groh
Saturday, August 4, 2018 | 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
PowerSlam will help you explore the use of physicality, energy, and emotion within your characters and scene work. When you play with energy and emotion your choices are stronger for you and your scene partner.
This workshop will cover multiple ways of finding your truth and enthusiasm in the scene and communicating it onstage to take your performance to the next level.
Danny has taught this workshop at The Annoyance Theatre in Brooklyn, NY and Philly Improv Theatre in Philadelphia, PA.
About Danny Groh:
Danny Groh is an actor and comedian from Cedarburg, WI. He moved to New York from Chicago on January 1st, 2015, where he studied and performed comedy at The Annoyance, Upstairs Gallery, iO Theater, The Playground, & The Second City for over six years.
You can see him in the feature film Party Time Party Time and Comedy Central web series Sunset Peak and Greetings! From Prison! He has also been featured on IFC, The Onion News Network, and commercials. Visit www.dannygroh.com for everything else Danny Groh.
Only 16 spots available! Register now!
General Course & Workshop Info
Please note: we are unable to offer refunds on workshop or course registration!
Please read our FAQs! (We’re pretty sure all your questions are answered there).
All of our standard 8-week courses include a student show, personal feedback and a Certificate of Completion*!
Health & Safety Requirements (as of August 2022)
- Due to the elimination of state-provided free testing (“Bürgertests”), all courses and workshops are 3G. This means all instructors and students must be Geimpft (vaccinated), Genesen (recovered) OR Getestet (tested within 24 hours) for COVID-19. You will be required to show proof of your status.
- If you are feeling unwell, please let your instructor know and stay home!
- FFP2 masks should be worn at all times unless students are actively performing in a scene or exercise.
- Courses & workshops will take place at Comedy Café Berlin where we have a brand-new, state-of-the-art ventilation and air filtration system.
- All students must read and agree to our School Policies and the above Healthy & Safety Guidelines.
- Students must be respectful to their fellow students and course instructors, and adhere to our Student & Teacher Code of Conduct and our Community Code of Conduct.
General requirements to successfully complete 8-week courses & intensives:
- All improv students are required to join and participate in at least one improv jam and see at least one improv show at CCB during the course.
- Students may not miss more than 2 out of 8 classes (there are no make up classes)
- Students may not be more than 15 minutes late to 4 out of 8 classes
Guest courses or workshops may have different requirements.
*upon successful completion of the course
Give the gift of good improv with CCBTS Gift Vouchers!