- This event has passed.
Online Level 3 – Scene Work!
Sundays, May 16th - May 16th (1 Classes)
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
For folks with a solid foundation of improv, specifically Game-based improv (Game of the Scene) and Organic long-form (Truth of the Scene).
This class will dive deeper into the improv toolkit and explore techniques improvisers can use to convey ideas, even when faced with less than ideal situations. We’ll go over various longforms and dig into character and object work to make your scenes really shine!
Students will primarily work in pairs and be given direct coaching by the instructor.
For intermediate to experienced improvisers. This level will boost your skills, keep your improv talents sharp and should be considered additional training for the standard curriculum.
Classes will take place via web video conferencing. CCBTS instructors will guide the class through a series of 2-person warm-ups, exercises and scenes providing real-time feedback and side coaching.
Online courses provide a unique opportunity for students to work on being aware, present, and direct. Without the immediacy of in-person interaction and the inability to convey nonverbal cues, students will learn that being clear, descriptive, accepting and patient is fundamental in a fulfilling, fun scene.
The Online 4- week curriculum is separate from the standard 8-week curriculum (e.g., passing Online Level 1 does not grant the ability to take standard curriculum Level 2 courses).
Courses are limited to 12 students.
Classes are 2 hours long.
Online course requirements:
- A stable internet connection.
- A quiet, distraction-free place.
- A computer with a webcam and mic. Headphones are recommended.
- Students will need to create a free account with our conferencing solution and download necessary software (details to be provided after registration).
General Course & Workshop Info
Please note: we are unable to offer refunds on workshop or course registration!
Please read our FAQs! (We’re pretty sure all your questions are answered there).
All of our standard 8-week courses include a student show, personal feedback and a Certificate of Completion*!
Health & Safety Requirements (as of July 2022)
- As long as free testing (“Bürgertest”) remains available, all courses and workshops at CCBTS are 2G+. This means all instructors and students must be Geimpft (vaccinated) or Genesen (recovered) from COVID-19, PLUS everyone must be tested before each class. You will be required to show proof of your vaccination or recovery on the first day of class. If you are medically unable to be vaccinated, please get in touch with us.
- If free testing is no longer available, all courses and workshops will be 3G. This means all instructors and students must be Geimpft (vaccinated), Genesen (recovered) or Getestet (tested within 24 hours) for COVID-19.
- If you are feeling unwell, please let your instructor know and stay home!
- FFP2 masks should be worn at all times unless students are actively performing in a scene or exercise.
- Courses & workshops will take place at Comedy Café Berlin where we have a brand-new, state-of-the-art ventilation and air filtration system.
- All students must read and agree to our School Policies and the above Healthy & Safety Guidelines.
- Students must be respectful to their fellow students and course instructors, and adhere to our Student & Teacher Code of Conduct and our Community Code of Conduct.
General requirements to successfully complete 8-week courses & intensives:
- All improv students are required to join and participate in at least one improv jam and see at least one improv show at CCB during the course.
- Students may not miss more than 2 out of 8 classes (there are no make up classes)
- Students may not be more than 15 minutes late to 4 out of 8 classes
Guest courses or workshops may have different requirements.
*upon successful completion of the course
Give the gift of good improv with CCBTS Gift Vouchers!