- This event has passed.
Online Level 2 – Intro to Grounded Play
Sundays, April 11th - May 2nd (4 Classes)
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
For folks with some experience in long form improv who want to play emotionally honest characters and dig into one of the main drivers of funny, relatable improv: THE TRUTH OF THE SCENE
This class will introduce the basic concepts of creating emotionally tangible and relatable scenes. Students will improvise paced, grounded scenes that put emphasis on performing with integrity and the relationship between nuanced characters.
Some experience required. (At least one long form improv class)
Classes will take place via web video conferencing. CCBTS instructors will guide the class through a series of 2-person warm-ups, exercises and scenes providing real-time feedback and side coaching.
Online courses provide a unique opportunity for students to work on being aware, present, and direct. Without the immediacy of in-person interaction and the inability to convey nonverbal cues, students will learn that being clear, descriptive, accepting and patient is fundamental in a fulfilling, fun scene.
The Online 4- week curriculum is separate from the standard 8-week curriculum (e.g., passing Online Level 1 does not grant the ability to take standard curriculum Level 2 courses).
Courses are limited to 12 students.
Classes are 2 hours long.
Online course requirements:
- A stable internet connection.
- A quiet, distraction-free place.
- A computer with a webcam and mic. Headphones are recommended.
- Students will need to create a free account with our conferencing solution and download necessary software (details to be provided after registration).
Please note: we are unable to offer refunds on workshop or course registration!
Please read our FAQs! (We’re pretty sure all your questions are answered there).
- All students must read and agree to our School Policies.
- Students must be respectful to their fellow students and course instructors, and adhere to our Student & Teacher Code of Conduct and our Community Code of Conduct.
General requirements for 8-week courses & intensives:
- All improv students are required to join and participate in at least one improv jam and see at least one improv show at CCB during the course.
- Students may not miss more than 2 out of 8 classes (there are no make up classes)
- Students may not be more than 15 minutes late to 4 out of 8 classes
Give the gift of good improv with CCBTS Gift Vouchers!