- This event has passed.
Online Level 2 – Intro to Game
Sundays, February 7th - February 7th (1 Classes)
4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
For folks with some experience in long form improv who want to dig into the main drivers of comedic improv: THE GAME OF THE SCENE.
This class will introduce the basic concepts of identifying funny patterns in a scene and heightening those patterns to their funniest potential, all while having lots of fun with scene partners – the tenets of Game.
Some experience required. (At least one long form improv class)
Classes will take place via web video conferencing. CCBTS instructors will guide the class through a series of 2-person warm-ups, exercises and scenes providing real-time feedback and side coaching.
Online courses provide a unique opportunity for students to work on being aware, present, and direct. Without the immediacy of in-person interaction and the inability to convey nonverbal cues, students will learn that being clear, descriptive, accepting and patient is fundamental in a fulfilling, fun scene.
The Online 4- week curriculum is separate from the standard 8-week curriculum (e.g., passing Online Level 1 does not grant the ability to take standard curriculum Level 2 courses).
Courses are limited to 12 students (minimum class size is 6).
Classes are 2 hours long.
Online course requirements:
- A stable internet connection.
- A quiet, distraction-free place.
- A computer with a webcam and mic. Headphones are recommended.
- Students will need to create a free account with our conferencing solution and download necessary software (details to be provided after registration).
General Course & Workshop Info
Please note: we are unable to offer refunds on workshop or course registration!
Please read our FAQs! (We’re pretty sure all your questions are answered there).
All of our standard 8-week courses include a student show, personal feedback and a Certificate of Completion*!
Health & Safety Requirements (as of August 2022)
- Due to the elimination of state-provided free testing (“Bürgertests”), all courses and workshops are 3G. This means all instructors and students must be Geimpft (vaccinated), Genesen (recovered) OR Getestet (tested within 24 hours) for COVID-19. You will be required to show proof of your status.
- If you are feeling unwell, please let your instructor know and stay home!
- FFP2 masks should be worn at all times unless students are actively performing in a scene or exercise.
- Courses & workshops will take place at Comedy Café Berlin where we have a brand-new, state-of-the-art ventilation and air filtration system.
- All students must read and agree to our School Policies and the above Healthy & Safety Guidelines.
- Students must be respectful to their fellow students and course instructors, and adhere to our Student & Teacher Code of Conduct and our Community Code of Conduct.
General requirements to successfully complete 8-week courses & intensives:
- All improv students are required to join and participate in at least one improv jam and see at least one improv show at CCB during the course.
- Students may not miss more than 2 out of 8 classes (there are no make up classes)
- Students may not be more than 15 minutes late to 4 out of 8 classes
Guest courses or workshops may have different requirements.
*upon successful completion of the course
Give the gift of good improv with CCBTS Gift Vouchers!