- This event has passed.
Online Drop In Class
Saturday, March 13, 2021 | 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
**PLEASE NOTE THE TIME CHANGE**
Keep up your improv chops with our new weekly online drop-in classes!
No commitment, sign up for 1 class or every class! Every week, a teacher from The CCB Training School will lead participants through a 2-hour Zoom session focusing on solid scene work, keeping up improv skills and an area of concentration of their choosing (character work, game, emotional honesty, etc). Class sizes are limited to 10 students and plenty of pair-work will be done to ensure every student gets as much out of each class as possible.
Stay warm and have fun with us this winter lockdown!
The fine print:
- Students must have successfully completed at least one Level 2 course at CCBTS
- Registration required for each class you wish to participate in (those with Drop In 4-Pack must still register for each class they want to participate in!)
- Minimum class size is 5 students – if we don’t meet our minimum for a particular class, students who signed up will be notified and refunded.
- You can purchase our Drop In 4-Pack and get a discount on 4 registrations for drop in classes (70€ instead of 80€)!
- We will be able to offer 1 BIPOC Scholarship spot in each drop in class.
- Students will receive an email upon registration with technical details for the Zoom meeting. Please make sure to whitelist [email protected] from your spam filter!
Online course requirements:
- A stable internet connection.
- A quiet, distraction-free place.
- A computer with a webcam and mic. Headphones are recommended.
- Students will need to create a free account with Zoom.us and download necessary software (details to be provided after registration).
General Course & Workshop Info
Please note: we are unable to offer refunds on workshop or course registration!
Please read our FAQs! (We’re pretty sure all your questions are answered there).
All of our standard 8-week courses include a student show, personal feedback and a Certificate of Completion*!
Health & Safety Requirements (as of July 2022)
- As long as free testing (“Bürgertest”) remains available, all courses and workshops at CCBTS are 2G+. This means all instructors and students must be Geimpft (vaccinated) or Genesen (recovered) from COVID-19, PLUS everyone must be tested before each class. You will be required to show proof of your vaccination or recovery on the first day of class. If you are medically unable to be vaccinated, please get in touch with us.
- If free testing is no longer available, all courses and workshops will be 3G. This means all instructors and students must be Geimpft (vaccinated), Genesen (recovered) or Getestet (tested within 24 hours) for COVID-19.
- If you are feeling unwell, please let your instructor know and stay home!
- FFP2 masks should be worn at all times unless students are actively performing in a scene or exercise.
- Courses & workshops will take place at Comedy Café Berlin where we have a brand-new, state-of-the-art ventilation and air filtration system.
- All students must read and agree to our School Policies and the above Healthy & Safety Guidelines.
- Students must be respectful to their fellow students and course instructors, and adhere to our Student & Teacher Code of Conduct and our Community Code of Conduct.
General requirements to successfully complete 8-week courses & intensives:
- All improv students are required to join and participate in at least one improv jam and see at least one improv show at CCB during the course.
- Students may not miss more than 2 out of 8 classes (there are no make up classes)
- Students may not be more than 15 minutes late to 4 out of 8 classes
Guest courses or workshops may have different requirements.
*upon successful completion of the course
Give the gift of good improv with CCBTS Gift Vouchers!