- This event has passed.
Next Train to Crazytown with Sid Singh
Saturday, October 31, 2020 | 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Ever want to embody a big, silly character like you see on television? Ever want to figure out how to play next to a scene partner who is doing a character bigger and sillier than you’ve ever played with before? Learn how to heighten quickly, heighten better, and ground any scene back into reality no matter how crazy in order to reap all of the benefits of absurdity without any of the negatives. This is a great approach to reach audience members in their 20s and 30s by being unafraid to challenge their expectations while creating the big fun characters that they remember for the rest of their lives
PREREQUISITES: Level 1 – Intro to Improv at The CCB Training School
Sid Singh is a comedian and writer who most recently was a cast member and improv teacher at the world famous Boom Chicago in Amsterdam. Prior to that he studied at the Upright Citizens Brigade in New York where he had such teachers as Will Hines, Brandon Gardner, and Winston Noel and performed on the team Atlas. He currently travels all over the world doing stand up, writing on shows, and teaching improv. He’s written on such TV shows as the BBC’s Muzlamic, Comedy Central UK’s Modern Horror Stories, and Channel 4’s Tez O’Clock show while also appearing as an actor for his own BBC3 short and as part of MTV’s Craziest Party Story Ever Told. In his spare time he is a human rights lawyer in the United States working with refugees seeking asylum.
General Course & Workshop Info
Please note: we are unable to offer refunds on workshop or course registration!
Please read our FAQs! (We’re pretty sure all your questions are answered there).
All of our standard 8-week courses include a student show, personal feedback and a Certificate of Completion*!
Health & Safety Requirements (as of July 2022)
- As long as free testing (“Bürgertest”) remains available, all courses and workshops at CCBTS are 2G+. This means all instructors and students must be Geimpft (vaccinated) or Genesen (recovered) from COVID-19, PLUS everyone must be tested before each class. You will be required to show proof of your vaccination or recovery on the first day of class. If you are medically unable to be vaccinated, please get in touch with us.
- If free testing is no longer available, all courses and workshops will be 3G. This means all instructors and students must be Geimpft (vaccinated), Genesen (recovered) or Getestet (tested within 24 hours) for COVID-19.
- If you are feeling unwell, please let your instructor know and stay home!
- FFP2 masks should be worn at all times unless students are actively performing in a scene or exercise.
- Courses & workshops will take place at Comedy Café Berlin where we have a brand-new, state-of-the-art ventilation and air filtration system.
- All students must read and agree to our School Policies and the above Healthy & Safety Guidelines.
- Students must be respectful to their fellow students and course instructors, and adhere to our Student & Teacher Code of Conduct and our Community Code of Conduct.
General requirements to successfully complete 8-week courses & intensives:
- All improv students are required to join and participate in at least one improv jam and see at least one improv show at CCB during the course.
- Students may not miss more than 2 out of 8 classes (there are no make up classes)
- Students may not be more than 15 minutes late to 4 out of 8 classes
Guest courses or workshops may have different requirements.
*upon successful completion of the course
Give the gift of good improv with CCBTS Gift Vouchers!