Next Train to Crazytown with Sid Singh
Saturday, October 31 | 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Ever want to embody a big, silly character like you see on television? Ever want to figure out how to play next to a scene partner who is doing a character bigger and sillier than you’ve ever played with before? Learn how to heighten quickly, heighten better, and ground any scene back into reality no matter how crazy in order to reap all of the benefits of absurdity without any of the negatives. This is a great approach to reach audience members in their 20s and 30s by being unafraid to challenge their expectations while creating the big fun characters that they remember for the rest of their lives
PREREQUISITES: Level 1 – Intro to Improv at The CCB Training School
Sid Singh is a comedian and writer who most recently was a cast member and improv teacher at the world famous Boom Chicago in Amsterdam. Prior to that he studied at the Upright Citizens Brigade in New York where he had such teachers as Will Hines, Brandon Gardner, and Winston Noel and performed on the team Atlas. He currently travels all over the world doing stand up, writing on shows, and teaching improv. He’s written on such TV shows as the BBC’s Muzlamic, Comedy Central UK’s Modern Horror Stories, and Channel 4’s Tez O’Clock show while also appearing as an actor for his own BBC3 short and as part of MTV’s Craziest Party Story Ever Told. In his spare time he is a human rights lawyer in the United States working with refugees seeking asylum.
Please note: we are unable to offer refunds on workshop or course registration!
Please read our FAQs! (We’re pretty sure all your questions are answered there).
- All students must read and agree to our School Policies.
- Students must be respectful to their fellow students and course instructors, and adhere to our Student & Teacher Code of Conduct and our Community Code of Conduct.
General requirements for 8-week courses & intensives:
- All improv students are required to join and participate in at least one improv jam and see at least one improv show at CCB during the course.
- Students may not miss more than 2 out of 8 classes (there are no make up classes)
- Students may not be more than 15 minutes late to 4 out of 8 classes
Give the gift of good improv with CCBTS Gift Vouchers!