- This event has passed.
Musical Improv Crash Course with Jon Bander
Sunday, October 28, 2018 | 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
This workshop will teach you everything you need to know to start being a kick-ass musical improviser! First, we’ll go over song structures, taking scenes into songs and different song types to create a full-length narrative musical (opening number, protagonist song, antagonist song, etc). Then we’ll put it all together and start creating musicals ON THE SPOT! We’ll also include tips and tricks for bringing out your most unique, powerful characters and the best way to sing memorable, improvised, GENIUS songs! Beginners and advanced players welcome. If you’ve ever thought about trying musical improv, or you just want to get better at it, this is the workshop for you.
Musical accompanist provided.
Jon Bander is an actor and comedian living in New York. He is a Character 101 teacher and member of house team Characters Welcome at UCBT. He also taught and performs musical improv with Premiere: The Improvised Musical and Warm Blooded at the Magnet Theater. Otherwise, he does character bits and standup at various NYC theaters, bars and basements
General Course & Workshop Info
Please note: we are unable to offer refunds on workshop or course registration!
Please read our FAQs! (We’re pretty sure all your questions are answered there).
All of our standard 8-week courses include a student show, personal feedback and a Certificate of Completion*!
Health & Safety Requirements (as of August 2022)
- Due to the elimination of state-provided free testing (“Bürgertests”), all courses and workshops are 3G. This means all instructors and students must be Geimpft (vaccinated), Genesen (recovered) OR Getestet (tested within 24 hours) for COVID-19. You will be required to show proof of your status.
- If you are feeling unwell, please let your instructor know and stay home!
- FFP2 masks should be worn at all times unless students are actively performing in a scene or exercise.
- Courses & workshops will take place at Comedy Café Berlin where we have a brand-new, state-of-the-art ventilation and air filtration system.
- All students must read and agree to our School Policies and the above Healthy & Safety Guidelines.
- Students must be respectful to their fellow students and course instructors, and adhere to our Student & Teacher Code of Conduct and our Community Code of Conduct.
General requirements to successfully complete 8-week courses & intensives:
- All improv students are required to join and participate in at least one improv jam and see at least one improv show at CCB during the course.
- Students may not miss more than 2 out of 8 classes (there are no make up classes)
- Students may not be more than 15 minutes late to 4 out of 8 classes
Guest courses or workshops may have different requirements.
*upon successful completion of the course
Give the gift of good improv with CCBTS Gift Vouchers!