Intro to Sketch
Sundays, August 28th - October 16th (8 Classes)
4:00 pm - 6:30 pm
Do you love Monty Python, Key & Peele and Saturday Night Live? For the budding sketch writer and anybody who’s ever had that perfect funny idea but no way to get it down on the page.
In this course, students are introduced to the fundamentals of comedic sketch writing. Over the course of 8 weeks, we’ll cover the basics of everything from popular sketch formats and finding the game of your sketch to script formatting and workshopping. Students will learn different methods of taking a funny idea and turning it into a hilarious sketch and will leave the course with a portfolio of writing, including at least one completed, workshopped and ‘ready-for-primetime’ sketch.
No prior writing, sketch or improv experience required. This is NOT a stand up comedy course.
Please note, students should be prepared to write and read sketches outside of class!
Class Size: 12 Students
This course will take place in the Lounge at Comedy Café Berlin
This course does not include a student show
Please read our health & safety requirements below!
General Course & Workshop Info
Please note: we are unable to offer refunds on workshop or course registration!
Please read our FAQs! (We’re pretty sure all your questions are answered there).
All of our standard 8-week courses include a student show, personal feedback and a Certificate of Completion*!
Health & Safety Requirements (as of August 2022)
- Due to the elimination of state-provided free testing (“Bürgertests”), all courses and workshops are 3G. This means all instructors and students must be Geimpft (vaccinated), Genesen (recovered) OR Getestet (tested within 24 hours) for COVID-19. You will be required to show proof of your status.
- If you are feeling unwell, please let your instructor know and stay home!
- FFP2 masks should be worn at all times unless students are actively performing in a scene or exercise.
- Courses & workshops will take place at Comedy Café Berlin where we have a brand-new, state-of-the-art ventilation and air filtration system.
- All students must read and agree to our School Policies and the above Healthy & Safety Guidelines.
- Students must be respectful to their fellow students and course instructors, and adhere to our Student & Teacher Code of Conduct and our Community Code of Conduct.
General requirements to successfully complete 8-week courses & intensives:
- All improv students are required to join and participate in at least one improv jam and see at least one improv show at CCB during the course.
- Students may not miss more than 2 out of 8 classes (there are no make up classes)
- Students may not be more than 15 minutes late to 4 out of 8 classes
Guest courses or workshops may have different requirements.
*upon successful completion of the course
Give the gift of good improv with CCBTS Gift Vouchers!