- This event has passed.
Intro to Sketch
Sundays, October 10th - November 28th (8 Classes)
4:00 pm - 6:30 pm
For the budding sketch writer and anybody who’s ever had that perfect funny idea but no way to get it down on the page.
In this course, students are introduced to the fundamentals of comedic sketch writing. Over the course of 8 weeks, we’ll cover the basics of everything from popular sketch formats and finding the game of your sketch to script formatting and workshopping. Students will learn different methods of taking a funny idea and turning it into a hilarious sketch and will leave the course with a portfolio of writing, including at least one completed, workshopped and ‘ready-for-primetime’ sketch.
No prior writing, sketch or improv experience required.
Please note, students should be prepared to write and read sketches outside of class!
Class Size: 10 Students
This course does not include a student show
Please read our health & safety requirements below!
Please note: we are unable to offer refunds on workshop or course registration!
Please read our FAQs! (We're pretty sure all your questions are answered there).
Health & Safety Requirements (updated November 2021)
- Effective December 2021, all courses and workshops at CCBTS are 2G+. This means all instructors and students must be Geimpft (vaccinated) or Genesen (recovered) from COVID-19, PLUS everyone must be tested before each class. You will be required to show proof of your vaccination or recovery on the first day of class. If you are medically unable to be vaccinated, please get in touch with us.
- All instructors and students must show valid proof of a negative same-day rapid antigen test (Schnelltest) before each class or they will be required to wear an FFP2 mask for the duration of the class (including in exercises/scenes). Students in Musical Improv courses MUST be tested before each class.
- We ask that FFP2 masks be worn at all times unless students are actively performing in a scene or exercise.
- Courses & workshops will take place at Comedy Café Berlin where we have a brand-new, state-of-the-art ventilation and air filtration system.
- All students must read and agree to our School Policies and the above Healthy & Safety Guidelines.
- Students must be respectful to their fellow students and course instructors, and adhere to our Student & Teacher Code of Conduct and our Community Code of Conduct.
General requirements to successfully complete 8-week courses & intensives:
- All improv students are required to join and participate in at least one improv jam and see at least one improv show at CCB during the course.
- Students may not miss more than 2 out of 8 classes (there are no make up classes)
- Students may not be more than 15 minutes late to 4 out of 8 classes
Give the gift of good improv with CCBTS Gift Vouchers!