- This event has passed.
Intro to Musical Improv
Sundays, August 25th - August 25th (1 Classes)
1:00 pm - 3:30 pm
This is an introductory course for improvisers interested in creating an improvised musical. The course takes students through a comprehensive program focused on musical theatre genres, creating narratives song structures using melodies, rhyme and rap. Students will gain confidence making up full songs, and to begin to understand how to implement them into scenes and stories.
Student Show: September 29th, 6:30pm
PREREQUISITES: Level 1 – Intro to Improv (or Improv Basics) AND BOTH Level 2 courses (Game of the Scene, Truth of the Scene/Honest Improv) at The CCB Training School or with Hive Improv, or a waiver from CCBTS to take this course.
Please note: we are unable to offer refunds on workshop or course registration!
Please read our FAQs! (We’re pretty sure all your questions are answered there).
- All students must read and agree to our School Policies.
- Students must be respectful to their fellow students and course instructors, and adhere to our Student & Teacher Code of Conduct and our Community Code of Conduct.
General requirements for 8-week courses & intensives:
- All improv students are required to join and participate in at least one improv jam and see at least one improv show at CCB during the course.
- Students may not miss more than 2 out of 8 classes (there are no make up classes)
- Students may not be more than 15 minutes late to 4 out of 8 classes
Give the gift of good improv with CCBTS Gift Vouchers!