- This event has passed.
Intro to Improv – Intensive
Monday August 3rd - Thursday August 6th (4 Classes)
10:00 am - 3:30 pm
Our Intro course in 4 days! Monday August 3rd through Thursday August 6th, from 10am to 3:30pm with a half hour break each day.
The perfect course for those who have never improvised before, or for folks with improv experience who would like to get a foundation in North American long form.
Over 4 full days of training, we’ll teach you all you need to know to get solid footing in comedic improv. You’ll learn the basic skills every performer needs to get up on stage and make magic happen. We focus on making positive choices, smart scene work, group support and we explore the kernels of what makes something funny.
Please note, due to COVID-19 restrictions, this course will be held with additional health & safety measures in place, including:
- 1.5meters distance should be maintained at all times between students.
- Students should wear masks when entering and exiting the theater/classroom.
- Seats, door handles and other touch points in the theater/classroom will be cleaned/disinfected between each class.
- Bathrooms will be cleaned/disinfected between each class.
- The classroom will be clearly demarcated to assist with physical distancing.
- Windows & doors will be kept open during class.
- Teachers will provide more breaks during class, to allow for the theater/classroom to be aired out regularly.
Student show: August 6th, 7pm
This class is currently full due to COVID-19 size restrictions at CCB. Please add yourself to the waitlist – if we have enough interest, we will move the course to another location to accommodate more students!
Please note: we are unable to offer refunds on workshop or course registration!
Please read our FAQs! (We’re pretty sure all your questions are answered there).
- All students must read and agree to our School Policies.
- Students must be respectful to their fellow students and course instructors, and adhere to our Student & Teacher Code of Conduct and our Community Code of Conduct.
General requirements for 8-week courses & intensives:
- All improv students are required to join and participate in at least one improv jam and see at least one improv show at CCB during the course.
- Students may not miss more than 2 out of 8 classes (there are no make up classes)
- Students may not be more than 15 minutes late to 4 out of 8 classes
Give the gift of good improv with CCBTS Gift Vouchers!