- This event has passed.
Intro to Acting
Sundays, January 13th - January 13th (1 Classes)
2:00 pm - 4:30 pm
This 8-session elective course is designed to introduce students to the basics of acting for the stage and covers a wide range of techniques. We will explore how to use our voice and our body with focus and confidence, how to tap into our own experiences for powerful performances, how to engage with our scene partners and the audience, and much more.
Students will leave the course with a strong foundation in the fundamentals of acting, including practical knowledge such as proper warm up technique, sight lines and stage presence, creating strong, physical characters and being able to commit emotionally to choices. Learn the basics of acting to become a more well-rounded performer and conquer the stage!
Please note: we are unable to offer refunds on workshop or course registration!
Please read our FAQs! (We’re pretty sure all your questions are answered there).
- All students must read and agree to our School Policies.
- Students must be respectful to their fellow students and course instructors, and adhere to our Student & Teacher Code of Conduct and our Community Code of Conduct.
General requirements for 8-week courses & intensives:
- All improv students are required to join and participate in at least one improv jam and see at least one improv show at CCB during the course.
- Students may not miss more than 2 out of 8 classes (there are no make up classes)
- Students may not be more than 15 minutes late to 4 out of 8 classes
Give the gift of good improv with CCBTS Gift Vouchers!