- This event has passed.
Improv to Stand Up with Caroline Clifford – Online!
Sunday, April 19 | 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm
In this class you will write, workshop and perform a short stand-up set from scratch in just a few hours! It’s a fun yet intensive class that will combine the fundamentals of good stand-up, and good improvisation to turbo-charge your imagination.
We’ll use improvised monologues as the base of our set, then we’ll do some writing exercises and put it all together in to a short stand-up set which we’ll record via Zoom! (just privately but you can can take it with you)
This class is open to anyone: improvisers who want to see how their skills might transfer to stand-up, stand-ups who want to write some fresh new material – and anyone who thinks this sounds like a fun way to spend quarantine.
- A stable internet connection.
- A quiet, distraction-free place.
- A computer with a webcam and mic. Headphones are recommended.
- A free account and software from Zoom. (Meeting details will be sent to registered students before the workshop).
- Paper & pen
Please note: we are unable to offer refunds on workshop or course registration!
Please read our FAQs! (We’re pretty sure all your questions are answered there).
- All students must read and agree to our School Policies.
- Students must be respectful to their fellow students and course instructors, and adhere to our Student & Teacher Code of Conduct and our Community Code of Conduct.
General requirements for 8-week courses & intensives:
- All improv students are required to join and participate in at least one improv jam and see at least one improv show at CCB during the course.
- Students may not miss more than 2 out of 8 classes (there are no make up classes)
- Students may not be more than 15 minutes late to 4 out of 8 classes
Give the gift of good improv with CCBTS Gift Vouchers!