- This event has passed.
Improv to Stand Up with Caroline Clifford – Online!
Sunday, April 19, 2020 | 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm
In this class you will write, workshop and perform a short stand-up set from scratch in just a few hours! It’s a fun yet intensive class that will combine the fundamentals of good stand-up, and good improvisation to turbo-charge your imagination.
We’ll use improvised monologues as the base of our set, then we’ll do some writing exercises and put it all together in to a short stand-up set which we’ll record via Zoom! (just privately but you can can take it with you)
This class is open to anyone: improvisers who want to see how their skills might transfer to stand-up, stand-ups who want to write some fresh new material – and anyone who thinks this sounds like a fun way to spend quarantine.
- A stable internet connection.
- A quiet, distraction-free place.
- A computer with a webcam and mic. Headphones are recommended.
- A free account and software from Zoom. (Meeting details will be sent to registered students before the workshop).
- Paper & pen
General Course & Workshop Info
Please note: we are unable to offer refunds on workshop or course registration!
Please read our FAQs! (We’re pretty sure all your questions are answered there).
All of our standard 8-week courses include a student show, personal feedback and a Certificate of Completion*!
Health & Safety Requirements (as of July 2022)
- As long as free testing (“Bürgertest”) remains available, all courses and workshops at CCBTS are 2G+. This means all instructors and students must be Geimpft (vaccinated) or Genesen (recovered) from COVID-19, PLUS everyone must be tested before each class. You will be required to show proof of your vaccination or recovery on the first day of class. If you are medically unable to be vaccinated, please get in touch with us.
- If free testing is no longer available, all courses and workshops will be 3G. This means all instructors and students must be Geimpft (vaccinated), Genesen (recovered) or Getestet (tested within 24 hours) for COVID-19.
- If you are feeling unwell, please let your instructor know and stay home!
- FFP2 masks should be worn at all times unless students are actively performing in a scene or exercise.
- Courses & workshops will take place at Comedy Café Berlin where we have a brand-new, state-of-the-art ventilation and air filtration system.
- All students must read and agree to our School Policies and the above Healthy & Safety Guidelines.
- Students must be respectful to their fellow students and course instructors, and adhere to our Student & Teacher Code of Conduct and our Community Code of Conduct.
General requirements to successfully complete 8-week courses & intensives:
- All improv students are required to join and participate in at least one improv jam and see at least one improv show at CCB during the course.
- Students may not miss more than 2 out of 8 classes (there are no make up classes)
- Students may not be more than 15 minutes late to 4 out of 8 classes
Guest courses or workshops may have different requirements.
*upon successful completion of the course
Give the gift of good improv with CCBTS Gift Vouchers!