- This event has passed.
Good Bad Improv with Alan Starzinski
Sunday, November 25, 2018 | 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Transaction scenes, fight scenes, and teaching scenes. We are taught not to do them. BUT WHY? In this workshop we find ways to work around these improv traps and build beautiful scenes out of them.
Alan Starzinski is an actor, teacher, improvisor, and writer living in Los Angeles. He has been at UCB since June 2007. He is also the creator and former host of the popular NYC show The Kaleidoscope. He has been on the Harold teams: Sandino and Rocks, the Character’s Welcome team and the Lloyd team CAMP. He has written and starred in the one man shows “Guys You Love to Hate” and “Umconfortable” that both had runs at UCBNY. He was a performer in the 2016 Just For Laughs New Faces Characters. He is currently represented by Authentic Talent & Literary Management.
General Course & Workshop Info
Please note: we are unable to offer refunds on workshop or course registration!
Please read our FAQs! (We’re pretty sure all your questions are answered there).
All of our standard 8-week courses include a student show, personal feedback and a Certificate of Completion*!
Health & Safety Requirements (as of July 2022)
- As long as free testing (“Bürgertest”) remains available, all courses and workshops at CCBTS are 2G+. This means all instructors and students must be Geimpft (vaccinated) or Genesen (recovered) from COVID-19, PLUS everyone must be tested before each class. You will be required to show proof of your vaccination or recovery on the first day of class. If you are medically unable to be vaccinated, please get in touch with us.
- If free testing is no longer available, all courses and workshops will be 3G. This means all instructors and students must be Geimpft (vaccinated), Genesen (recovered) or Getestet (tested within 24 hours) for COVID-19.
- If you are feeling unwell, please let your instructor know and stay home!
- FFP2 masks should be worn at all times unless students are actively performing in a scene or exercise.
- Courses & workshops will take place at Comedy Café Berlin where we have a brand-new, state-of-the-art ventilation and air filtration system.
- All students must read and agree to our School Policies and the above Healthy & Safety Guidelines.
- Students must be respectful to their fellow students and course instructors, and adhere to our Student & Teacher Code of Conduct and our Community Code of Conduct.
General requirements to successfully complete 8-week courses & intensives:
- All improv students are required to join and participate in at least one improv jam and see at least one improv show at CCB during the course.
- Students may not miss more than 2 out of 8 classes (there are no make up classes)
- Students may not be more than 15 minutes late to 4 out of 8 classes
Guest courses or workshops may have different requirements.
*upon successful completion of the course
Give the gift of good improv with CCBTS Gift Vouchers!