- This event has passed.
Gifting to Game with Sid Singh
Friday, October 8, 2021 | 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Ever want to get to the funny part of a scene faster? Gifting to Game is a workshop all about finding the tricks and tips that allow you to consistently create funny, easy to play scenes within the first three lines! The workshop first teaches you how to gift both yourself and your scene partner in ways that create hilarious, memorable characters with specific, big quirks that are fun to explore. Then we focus on justification in ways that allow for us to expand these gifts in ways that make not just this scene good, but make it easy for team members to walk on and add to it in both this scene and the beats that follow (if you’re doing a Harold for example.) Simply put, Gifting to Game teaches you how to get big laughs, memorable characters, and fun dynamics within the first minute of a scene!
PREREQUISITES: At least beginner’s level improv experience (for instance Level 1 at CCBTS). Game of the Scene experience is recommended.
Sid Singh is a comedian and writer who most recently was a cast member and improv teacher at the world famous Boom Chicago in Amsterdam. Prior to that he studied at the Upright Citizens Brigade in New York where he had such teachers as Will Hines, Brandon Gardner, and Winston Noel and performed on the team Atlas. He currently travels all over the world doing stand up, writing on shows, and teaching improv. He’s written on such TV shows as the BBC’s Muzlamic, Comedy Central UK’s Modern Horror Stories, and Channel 4’s Tez O’Clock show while also appearing as an actor for his own BBC3 short and as part of MTV’s Craziest Party Story Ever Told. In his spare time he is a human rights lawyer in the United States working with refugees seeking asylum.
General Course & Workshop Info
Please note: we are unable to offer refunds on workshop or course registration!
Please read our FAQs! (We’re pretty sure all your questions are answered there).
All of our standard 8-week courses include a student show, personal feedback and a Certificate of Completion*!
Health & Safety Requirements (as of July 2022)
- As long as free testing (“Bürgertest”) remains available, all courses and workshops at CCBTS are 2G+. This means all instructors and students must be Geimpft (vaccinated) or Genesen (recovered) from COVID-19, PLUS everyone must be tested before each class. You will be required to show proof of your vaccination or recovery on the first day of class. If you are medically unable to be vaccinated, please get in touch with us.
- If free testing is no longer available, all courses and workshops will be 3G. This means all instructors and students must be Geimpft (vaccinated), Genesen (recovered) or Getestet (tested within 24 hours) for COVID-19.
- If you are feeling unwell, please let your instructor know and stay home!
- FFP2 masks should be worn at all times unless students are actively performing in a scene or exercise.
- Courses & workshops will take place at Comedy Café Berlin where we have a brand-new, state-of-the-art ventilation and air filtration system.
- All students must read and agree to our School Policies and the above Healthy & Safety Guidelines.
- Students must be respectful to their fellow students and course instructors, and adhere to our Student & Teacher Code of Conduct and our Community Code of Conduct.
General requirements to successfully complete 8-week courses & intensives:
- All improv students are required to join and participate in at least one improv jam and see at least one improv show at CCB during the course.
- Students may not miss more than 2 out of 8 classes (there are no make up classes)
- Students may not be more than 15 minutes late to 4 out of 8 classes
Guest courses or workshops may have different requirements.
*upon successful completion of the course
Give the gift of good improv with CCBTS Gift Vouchers!