Game of the Scene
Wednesdays, October 21st - December 9th (8 Classes)
7:30 pm - 10:00 pm
In this course, we introduce students to the concept of ‘the Game of the Scene’, a funny pattern that is explored and heightened to maximum effect. A core part of the North American approach to improv, Game is a pillar of our philosophy of comedic improv.
Students will learn to build solid scene platforms, identify funny ideas that can be turned into patterns, heighten and explore those patterns, and get a solid foundation in core comedic improv. We emphasize a holistic approach to Game, encouraging students to embrace character work and physical acting while honing in on a single comedic idea to make a scene as funny as possible.
Please note, this course will be held with additional health & safety measures in place, including:
- Courses may take place at CCB or another venue where we can ensure proper physical distancing depending on class size. We will notify registered students of the class location at least 1 week before the course starts.
- 1.5meters distance should be maintained at all times between participants
- Seats, door handles and other touch points in the theater/classroom will be cleaned/disinfected between each class.
- Bathrooms will be cleaned/disinfected between each class.
- The classroom will be clearly demarcated to assist with physical distancing.
- Teachers will provide more breaks to allow folks time for fresher air and more distancing
Student show: TBD
PREREQUISITES: Level 1 – Intro to Improv at The CCB Training School.
The course is currently sold out! You may add yourself to the waitlist below, though please be aware that it is uncommon for spots to open up.
Please note: we are unable to offer refunds on workshop or course registration!
Please read our FAQs! (We’re pretty sure all your questions are answered there).
- All students must read and agree to our School Policies.
- Students must be respectful to their fellow students and course instructors, and adhere to our Student & Teacher Code of Conduct and our Community Code of Conduct.
General requirements for 8-week courses & intensives:
- All improv students are required to join and participate in at least one improv jam and see at least one improv show at CCB during the course.
- Students may not miss more than 2 out of 8 classes (there are no make up classes)
- Students may not be more than 15 minutes late to 4 out of 8 classes
Give the gift of good improv with CCBTS Gift Vouchers!