- This event has passed.
Developing a Sketch Show
Saturdays, March 5th - April 30th (5 Classes)
4:00 pm - 6:30 pm
Building on the foundations set in 101 – Intro to Sketch, this course focuses on the writer’s room and producing a full sketch show. During the first 4 weeks of the course, students will learn the process of pitching & brainstorming and working in a writer’s room, and will then be expected to write and select sketches for a 30-minute student show. The second half of the course will consist of re-writing, producing, directing and rehearsing the show itself.
Successful completion of this course makes students eligible to audition for CCB House Sketch Teams.
No class on April 16
Student show: Saturday, April 30, 2022
Participation in the student show is required to pass this course!
Class Size: 10 Students
General Course & Workshop Info
Please note: we are unable to offer refunds on workshop or course registration!
Please read our FAQs! (We’re pretty sure all your questions are answered there).
All of our standard 8-week courses include a student show, personal feedback and a Certificate of Completion*!
Health & Safety Requirements (as of August 2022)
- Due to the elimination of state-provided free testing (“Bürgertests”), all courses and workshops are 3G. This means all instructors and students must be Geimpft (vaccinated), Genesen (recovered) OR Getestet (tested within 24 hours) for COVID-19. You will be required to show proof of your status.
- If you are feeling unwell, please let your instructor know and stay home!
- FFP2 masks should be worn at all times unless students are actively performing in a scene or exercise.
- Courses & workshops will take place at Comedy Café Berlin where we have a brand-new, state-of-the-art ventilation and air filtration system.
- All students must read and agree to our School Policies and the above Healthy & Safety Guidelines.
- Students must be respectful to their fellow students and course instructors, and adhere to our Student & Teacher Code of Conduct and our Community Code of Conduct.
General requirements to successfully complete 8-week courses & intensives:
- All improv students are required to join and participate in at least one improv jam and see at least one improv show at CCB during the course.
- Students may not miss more than 2 out of 8 classes (there are no make up classes)
- Students may not be more than 15 minutes late to 4 out of 8 classes
Guest courses or workshops may have different requirements.
*upon successful completion of the course
Give the gift of good improv with CCBTS Gift Vouchers!