- This event has passed.
Developing a Sketch Show
Saturdays, May 16th - July 4th (8 Classes)
4:00 pm - 6:30 pm
Building on the foundations set in 101 – Intro to Sketch, this course focuses on the writer’s room and producing a full sketch show. During the first 4 weeks of the course, students will learn the process of pitching & brainstorming and working in a writer’s room, and will then be expected to write and select sketches for a 30-minute student show. The second half of the course will consist of re-writing, producing and rehearsing the show itself. Due to the current Coronavirus pandemic, much of this course will be held online via video conferencing and the student show will not be performed in front of a live audience but will be livestreamed via the Comedy Café Berlin online platform!
Student show: July 4th, time TBD
Participation in the student show is required to pass this course!
Class Size: 8 Students
Online course requirements:
- A stable internet connection.
- A quiet, distraction-free place.
- A computer with a webcam and mic. Headphones are recommended.
- Students will need a Google account to use Google Meet video conferencing and Google Classroom. Links will be sent to all registered students on Friday, May 15th.
Please note: we are unable to offer refunds on workshop or course registration!
Please read our FAQs! (We’re pretty sure all your questions are answered there).
- All students must read and agree to our School Policies.
- Students must be respectful to their fellow students and course instructors, and adhere to our Student & Teacher Code of Conduct and our Community Code of Conduct.
General requirements for 8-week courses & intensives:
- All improv students are required to join and participate in at least one improv jam and see at least one improv show at CCB during the course.
- Students may not miss more than 2 out of 8 classes (there are no make up classes)
- Students may not be more than 15 minutes late to 4 out of 8 classes
Give the gift of good improv with CCBTS Gift Vouchers!