- This event has passed.
Das2019: Slow it Down with Jon Bander
Wednesday, June 26, 2019 | 4:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Stop trying to go faster! If you wanna be funnier, take it slow. In this workshop, we will focus on playing specifically for longer scenes, even monoscenes. We’ll hone our listening, patience, grounding and endowment skills to create satisfying, hilarious and nuanced work that doesn’t have to be edited after a minute or two. We will also look at object and space work, and discuss best practices regarding entrances and pacing. You’ll leave this workshop with all the tools to create longer scenes that really kick into high gear! By which I mean a patient, steadily-building gear.
Jon Bander is a 16-year veteran improv comedian and actor living in New York City. He teaches and performs improv, musical improv and characters at both the Upright Citizens Brigade Theater and Magnet Theater in NYC, and at theaters/festivals internationally.
Jon has also performed at the prestigious “Just For Laughs” Montreal comedy festival and worked for The Second City aboard a cruise ship. His television credits include TBS’s “Search Party” and the Netflix shows “Master of None” and “Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt” and too many digital videos. Jon’s been lucky enough to study with improv royalty like TJ Jagodowski, Dave Pasquesi, Armando Diaz, Mick Napier and Susan Messing to name just a few.
Most people call him Bander. Feel free to do the same.
This workshop is part of Das Improv Festival 2019
General Course & Workshop Info
Please note: we are unable to offer refunds on workshop or course registration!
Please read our FAQs! (We’re pretty sure all your questions are answered there).
All of our standard 8-week courses include a student show, personal feedback and a Certificate of Completion*!
Health & Safety Requirements (as of July 2022)
- As long as free testing (“Bürgertest”) remains available, all courses and workshops at CCBTS are 2G+. This means all instructors and students must be Geimpft (vaccinated) or Genesen (recovered) from COVID-19, PLUS everyone must be tested before each class. You will be required to show proof of your vaccination or recovery on the first day of class. If you are medically unable to be vaccinated, please get in touch with us.
- If free testing is no longer available, all courses and workshops will be 3G. This means all instructors and students must be Geimpft (vaccinated), Genesen (recovered) or Getestet (tested within 24 hours) for COVID-19.
- If you are feeling unwell, please let your instructor know and stay home!
- FFP2 masks should be worn at all times unless students are actively performing in a scene or exercise.
- Courses & workshops will take place at Comedy Café Berlin where we have a brand-new, state-of-the-art ventilation and air filtration system.
- All students must read and agree to our School Policies and the above Healthy & Safety Guidelines.
- Students must be respectful to their fellow students and course instructors, and adhere to our Student & Teacher Code of Conduct and our Community Code of Conduct.
General requirements to successfully complete 8-week courses & intensives:
- All improv students are required to join and participate in at least one improv jam and see at least one improv show at CCB during the course.
- Students may not miss more than 2 out of 8 classes (there are no make up classes)
- Students may not be more than 15 minutes late to 4 out of 8 classes
Guest courses or workshops may have different requirements.
*upon successful completion of the course
Give the gift of good improv with CCBTS Gift Vouchers!