- This event has passed.
Das2019: It Takes Two – TwoProv Workshop with Shaun Lowthian
Saturday, June 29, 2019 | 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
The chemistry between two-prov partners can be one of the most amazing and hilarious our artform has to offer, but also the most challenging! This workshop will focus on tools to help revitalise your two-person scenes, navigate a two-person show, and surprise yourself and your scene partner with more variety in your play. Bring your two-prov partner along, or come along on your own.
THIS WORKSHOP HAS MOVED TO IDA NOWHERE
Shaun Lowthian has been teaching long-form improv with The Free Association since 2016. He also coached FA-house Harold team My Brother, José from 2016-18, in addition to co-directing F.A.P.D.: the improvised cop show and Do Not Adjust Your Stage. He has coached teams across London, including Number 95, Volcano Party, The Committee and Shoes & Socks.
With 12 years performing experience, Shaun performs long-form improv comedy with Do Not Adjust Your Stage, two-person act The Homunculus and The Wilsons – a House Team at The Free Association, where he also teaches and performs in ensemble shows Jacuzii and F.A.P.D. Shaun can also been seen in hit theatre-meets-improv show Uncle Glen’s Menagerie and heard in over 150 episodes of improvised character comedy podcast Fact Up (recommended by The Guardian and BBC Radio 4). His partially improvised comedy short Spokke (co-created with Tim Grewcock and now commissioned for a series) was nominated for a Writers’ Guild Award in 2019, winning Best Comedy Film at Bristol Rebel Film Festival and the Short Screenplay Competition at the London Film Awards.
Shaun has performed improv internationally at the Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre, Magnet Theater and People’s Improv Theater and Union Hall in New York. In Europe, he has performed at festivals in Barcelona, Copenhagen, Amsterdam, Tallinn, Dublin, Green Man Festival, the Edinburgh Fringe and at the COP21 Climate Change Conference in Paris. Shaun has trained in long-form improv in the UK and USA with the UCB, Second City, iO, The Free Association and Monkey Toast. Teachers include Will Hines, TJ & Dave, Abra Tabak, Jet Eveleth, Shannon O’Neill, Lyndsay Hailey and more.
This workshop is part of Das Improv Festival 2019
General Course & Workshop Info
Please note: we are unable to offer refunds on workshop or course registration!
Please read our FAQs! (We’re pretty sure all your questions are answered there).
All of our standard 8-week courses include a student show, personal feedback and a Certificate of Completion*!
Health & Safety Requirements (as of August 2022)
- Due to the elimination of state-provided free testing (“Bürgertests”), all courses and workshops are 3G. This means all instructors and students must be Geimpft (vaccinated), Genesen (recovered) OR Getestet (tested within 24 hours) for COVID-19. You will be required to show proof of your status.
- If you are feeling unwell, please let your instructor know and stay home!
- FFP2 masks should be worn at all times unless students are actively performing in a scene or exercise.
- Courses & workshops will take place at Comedy Café Berlin where we have a brand-new, state-of-the-art ventilation and air filtration system.
- All students must read and agree to our School Policies and the above Healthy & Safety Guidelines.
- Students must be respectful to their fellow students and course instructors, and adhere to our Student & Teacher Code of Conduct and our Community Code of Conduct.
General requirements to successfully complete 8-week courses & intensives:
- All improv students are required to join and participate in at least one improv jam and see at least one improv show at CCB during the course.
- Students may not miss more than 2 out of 8 classes (there are no make up classes)
- Students may not be more than 15 minutes late to 4 out of 8 classes
Guest courses or workshops may have different requirements.
*upon successful completion of the course
Give the gift of good improv with CCBTS Gift Vouchers!