- This event has passed.
Das2019: Intro to Hip Hop Improv with Katy Berry
Wednesday, June 26, 2019 | 1:15 pm - 4:15 pm
Want to take your musical improv to the next level? This intro workshop teaches you the fundamentals of hip hop improv, emphasizing the importance of listening, confidence, movement, and dropping hooks.
This workshop will include live accompaniment.
Katy Berry is a New York based comedian, writer, singer, voice over actor, and freestyler. She studied writing at The New School in New York City, improvisation at The Magnet Theater, and sketch comedy at the Upright Citizens Brigade Theater (UCB).
Over the past six years Katy has traveled the world performing with musical improv legends Baby Wants Candy, and New York’s premier hip-hop improv team North Coast. Katy’s alter-ego, Pussy B. Furious, is a 9-time rap battle champion at UCB’s Battlicious and her song “Don’t You Spit on my Pussy” won Best Music Video at the Magnet Comedy Film Festival.
When not performing live, Katy tries to create more opportunities for women to perform hip-hop improv and launched her own free class for women improvisors in 2018. Her comedy videos and writing have been featured on Vulture, VH1, Reductress, Studio360, Bustle and more. For more of Katy’s work, visit katyberrycomedy.com.
This workshop is part of Das Improv Festival 2019
Please note: we are unable to offer refunds on workshop or course registration!
Please read our FAQs! (We’re pretty sure all your questions are answered there).
- All students must read and agree to our School Policies.
- Students must be respectful to their fellow students and course instructors, and adhere to our Student & Teacher Code of Conduct and our Community Code of Conduct.
General requirements for 8-week courses & intensives:
- All improv students are required to join and participate in at least one improv jam and see at least one improv show at CCB during the course.
- Students may not miss more than 2 out of 8 classes (there are no make up classes)
- Students may not be more than 15 minutes late to 4 out of 8 classes
Give the gift of good improv with CCBTS Gift Vouchers!