- This event has passed.
Comedy Writing Fundamentals – Online
Thursdays, May 20th - May 20th (1 Classes)
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
For those interested in comedic writing and anybody who’s ever had that perfect funny idea but no way to get it down on the page.
Over the course of 6 weeks, we’ll dive into several types of comedy writing (sketch, short and long form fiction, late night writing, writing for the web, maybe even the listicle??) and students will be guided through various writing exercises designed to get your creativity going. We’ll teach you to explore your individual style of humour and have that flourish in the written word. Students will learn to tap into their own lives to find relatable stories and anecdotes, how to craft those into compelling writing, and how to find the comedy that makes them engaging to an audience.
Students will leave the course with a portfolio of writing and the tools to keep going!
No prior writing, sketch or improv experience required. This course is designed for anyone from experienced comedians interested in honing their writing to total beginners who are looking to get their toes wet in comedy.
Please note, students will be required to write outside of class! That’s right, YOU’LL HAVE HOMEWORK!
Classes will take place via web video conferencing.
Class Size is limited to 10 students!
Classes are 2 hours long and students will be expected to come prepared with completed homework and to write during class.
Online course requirements:
- A stable internet connection.
- A quiet, distraction-free place.
- A computer with a webcam and mic. Headphones are recommended.
- Students will need to create a free account with our conferencing solution and download necessary software (details to be provided after registration).
Please note: we are unable to offer refunds on workshop or course registration!
Please read our FAQs! (We’re pretty sure all your questions are answered there).
Health & Safety Requirements
- All courses and workshops at CCBTS are 2G+. This means all instructors and students must be Geimpft (vaccinated) or Genesen (recovered) from COVID-19, PLUS everyone must be tested before each class. You will be required to show proof of your vaccination or recovery on the first day of class. If you are medically unable to be vaccinated, please get in touch with us.
- All instructors and students must show valid proof of a negative same-day rapid antigen test (Schnelltest) before each class. Free tests are available at test centers through June 2022.
- Students are encouraged to wear masks when not performing in a scene or exercise.
- These restrictions may be re-evaluated if/when the 7 day incidence rate in Berlin decreases.
- Courses & workshops will take place at Comedy Café Berlin where we have a brand-new, state-of-the-art ventilation and air filtration system.
- All students must read and agree to our School Policies and the above Healthy & Safety Guidelines.
- Students must be respectful to their fellow students and course instructors, and adhere to our Student & Teacher Code of Conduct and our Community Code of Conduct.
General requirements to successfully complete 8-week courses & intensives:
- All improv students are required to join and participate in at least one improv jam and see at least one improv show at CCB during the course.
- Students may not miss more than 2 out of 8 classes (there are no make up classes)
- Students may not be more than 15 minutes late to 4 out of 8 classes
Guest courses or workshops may have different requirements.
Give the gift of good improv with CCBTS Gift Vouchers!