- This event has passed.
Comedy Storytelling with Josh Telson
Saturdays, May 18th - May 18th (1 Classes)
4:00 pm - 6:30 pm
The perfect workshop for stand up comics, improvisers, writers, and anybody looking to connect and engage with an audience. Over the course of two sessions, we will guide students through the process of finding and telling their own true stories – from embarrassing moments and heartache, to crazy adventures and moments of truth, bound together with humor. Students will learn to tap into their own lives to find relatable stories and anecdotes, to shape those stories into compelling narratives, and to find the comedy that makes them engaging to an audience. We will focus on powering through our natural fear of judgment to reach a place of confidence in our own life experiences.
Our first session will be focused on guided exercises and prompts that allow students to discover a story they’d like to tell, along with the the tools necessary to tell them well; the second session will be focused on telling and workshopping a final story, with or without group feedback, to the class.
Students will leave the workshop with a 5 minute story of their own, and be given the opportunity to present their finished piece at Four Eyes Comedy Storytelling Open Mic in Kreuzberg.
Please be prepared to bring along something to write with or on:
- or paper & pencil
Josh Telson is a Co-Director and Instructor at The CCB Training School, as well as a founding member of CCB House Team GLB. As a stand up comedian, he performs regularly all over Berlin and Germany, and back in New York City whenever he can. He is the creator and co-host of Four Eyes Story Night, a comedy storytelling open mic, and was the host of Oh No!, a comedy storytelling showcase at Comedy Café Berlin. He is also the co-creator of Tatort auf Englisch and the podcast “piffle!” with his brother Noah.
General Course & Workshop Info
Please note: we are unable to offer refunds on workshop or course registration!
Please read our FAQs! (We’re pretty sure all your questions are answered there).
All of our standard 8-week courses include a student show, personal feedback and a Certificate of Completion*!
Health & Safety Requirements (as of July 2022)
- As long as free testing (“Bürgertest”) remains available, all courses and workshops at CCBTS are 2G+. This means all instructors and students must be Geimpft (vaccinated) or Genesen (recovered) from COVID-19, PLUS everyone must be tested before each class. You will be required to show proof of your vaccination or recovery on the first day of class. If you are medically unable to be vaccinated, please get in touch with us.
- If free testing is no longer available, all courses and workshops will be 3G. This means all instructors and students must be Geimpft (vaccinated), Genesen (recovered) or Getestet (tested within 24 hours) for COVID-19.
- If you are feeling unwell, please let your instructor know and stay home!
- FFP2 masks should be worn at all times unless students are actively performing in a scene or exercise.
- Courses & workshops will take place at Comedy Café Berlin where we have a brand-new, state-of-the-art ventilation and air filtration system.
- All students must read and agree to our School Policies and the above Healthy & Safety Guidelines.
- Students must be respectful to their fellow students and course instructors, and adhere to our Student & Teacher Code of Conduct and our Community Code of Conduct.
General requirements to successfully complete 8-week courses & intensives:
- All improv students are required to join and participate in at least one improv jam and see at least one improv show at CCB during the course.
- Students may not miss more than 2 out of 8 classes (there are no make up classes)
- Students may not be more than 15 minutes late to 4 out of 8 classes
Guest courses or workshops may have different requirements.
*upon successful completion of the course
Give the gift of good improv with CCBTS Gift Vouchers!