- This event has passed.
Comedy Storytelling with Josh Telson – Online!
Sunday, April 19 | 3:30 pm - 6:30 pm
Learn the art of comedic storytelling! Students will be guided through the process of finding and telling their own true stories – from embarrassing moments and heartache, to crazy adventures and moments of truth – bound together with humor.
The workshop will focus on both the creative and technical aspects of storytelling through a combination of writing and performance exercises. Students will learn to tap into our own lives to find relatable stories and anecdotes, how to technically craft those stories into compelling narratives, and how to find the comedy that makes them engaging to an audience. We will focus on powering through our natural fear of judgment to reach a place of confidence in our own life experiences.
The perfect workshop for stand up comics, improvisers, writers, and anybody looking to connect and engage with an audience. No comedy or performance experience necessary! This workshop is limited to 10 students.
- A stable internet connection.
- A quiet, distraction-free place.
- A computer with a webcam and mic. Headphones are recommended.
- A free account and software from Zoom. (Meeting details will be sent to registered students before the workshop).
- Paper & pen (or your laptop – something to write with!)
Josh Telson is a Co-Director and Instructor at The CCB Training School, as well as a founding member of CCB House Team GLB. As a stand up comedian, he performs regularly all over Berlin and Germany, and back in New York City whenever he can. He is the creator and co-host of Four Eyes Story Night, a comedy storytelling open mic, The Yarn, a comedy storytelling showcase at Comedy Café Berlin. He is also the co-creator of Tatort auf Englisch and the podcasts “Temperature Check” and “piffle!” with his brother Noah.
Please note: we are unable to offer refunds on workshop or course registration!
Please read our FAQs! (We’re pretty sure all your questions are answered there).
- All students must read and agree to our School Policies.
- Students must be respectful to their fellow students and course instructors, and adhere to our Student & Teacher Code of Conduct and our Community Code of Conduct.
General requirements for 8-week courses & intensives:
- All improv students are required to join and participate in at least one improv jam and see at least one improv show at CCB during the course.
- Students may not miss more than 2 out of 8 classes (there are no make up classes)
- Students may not be more than 15 minutes late to 4 out of 8 classes
Give the gift of good improv with CCBTS Gift Vouchers!