- This event has passed.
Be an Asshole with Matilde Keizer
Saturday, October 10, 2020 | 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Listening is great, support is wonderful, hell, teamwork is the dream work, but sometimes we also have to train the asshole in us who just has ideas, throws them into scenes, walks away and smiles with pride.
In this workshop we will work on freeing the little asshole inside of us and making that inner critic’s voice smaller so that our choice can be bold and heard! Additionally, we will look at how it feels to play with this asshole, whether it is your own, or somebody else’s.
About the instructor
Matilde is an Italian/German actor and improviser. She trained as an actor at NYU’s Tisch School of the Arts, and after teaching theatre to too many kids, found improv. In New York she studied with Pat McCartney and Rob Reese, and performed with some pretty experimental improv groups. In Berlin you can see her play with ComedyShorts, It’s That Time of the Month, GRILL TALK, Cuter than Hedgehogs, Action Jackson, and the CCB Harold team People System. She has taken workshops from numerous fun and somewhat important people including, but not limited to: Will Hines, Alex Berg, and Phillip Markle. She also has a web series she wants you to see, called “On-Going with Matilde Keizer.”
Please note: we are unable to offer refunds on workshop or course registration!
Please read our FAQs! (We’re pretty sure all your questions are answered there).
Health & Safety Requirements
- All courses and workshops at CCBTS are 2G+. This means all instructors and students must be Geimpft (vaccinated) or Genesen (recovered) from COVID-19, PLUS everyone must be tested before each class. You will be required to show proof of your vaccination or recovery on the first day of class. If you are medically unable to be vaccinated, please get in touch with us.
- All instructors and students must show valid proof of a negative same-day rapid antigen test (Schnelltest) before each class. Free tests are available at test centers through June 2022.
- Students are encouraged to wear masks when not performing in a scene or exercise.
- These restrictions may be re-evaluated if/when the 7 day incidence rate in Berlin decreases.
- Courses & workshops will take place at Comedy Café Berlin where we have a brand-new, state-of-the-art ventilation and air filtration system.
- All students must read and agree to our School Policies and the above Healthy & Safety Guidelines.
- Students must be respectful to their fellow students and course instructors, and adhere to our Student & Teacher Code of Conduct and our Community Code of Conduct.
General requirements to successfully complete 8-week courses & intensives:
- All improv students are required to join and participate in at least one improv jam and see at least one improv show at CCB during the course.
- Students may not miss more than 2 out of 8 classes (there are no make up classes)
- Students may not be more than 15 minutes late to 4 out of 8 classes
Guest courses or workshops may have different requirements.
Give the gift of good improv with CCBTS Gift Vouchers!