- This event has passed.
Wednesdays, January 12th - March 2nd (8 Classes)
7:00 pm - 9:30 pm
In Advanced Truth, students will jump headlong into organic ‘improvisation at the speed of life’.
We will review grounded-ness and hammer into core tenants of what makes improv relatable and believable, and at the same time explore forms that are best suited for this style of play. We will focus on creating a show that both demonstrates a deeper understanding of characters & worlds discovered through relationships, and showcases students’ abilities to improvise and act truthfully.
Please read our health & safety requirements below!
Student show: Saturday, March 5, 2022
Class size: 12 students
PREREQUISITES: Completion of all courses through Level 3 – The Harold at The CCB Training School
Please note: we are unable to offer refunds on workshop or course registration!
Please read our FAQs! (We're pretty sure all your questions are answered there).
Health & Safety Requirements (updated November 2021)
- Effective December 2021, all courses and workshops at CCBTS are 2G+. This means all instructors and students must be Geimpft (vaccinated) or Genesen (recovered) from COVID-19, PLUS everyone must be tested before each class. You will be required to show proof of your vaccination or recovery on the first day of class. If you are medically unable to be vaccinated, please get in touch with us.
- All instructors and students must show valid proof of a negative same-day rapid antigen test (Schnelltest) before each class or they will be required to wear an FFP2 mask for the duration of the class (including in exercises/scenes). Students in Musical Improv courses MUST be tested before each class.
- We ask that FFP2 masks be worn at all times unless students are actively performing in a scene or exercise.
- Courses & workshops will take place at Comedy Café Berlin where we have a brand-new, state-of-the-art ventilation and air filtration system.
- All students must read and agree to our School Policies and the above Healthy & Safety Guidelines.
- Students must be respectful to their fellow students and course instructors, and adhere to our Student & Teacher Code of Conduct and our Community Code of Conduct.
General requirements to successfully complete 8-week courses & intensives:
- All improv students are required to join and participate in at least one improv jam and see at least one improv show at CCB during the course.
- Students may not miss more than 2 out of 8 classes (there are no make up classes)
- Students may not be more than 15 minutes late to 4 out of 8 classes
Give the gift of good improv with CCBTS Gift Vouchers!