- This event has passed.
Advanced Forms: The Pretty Flower (with Noah Telson)
Saturdays, June 4th - June 25th (4 Classes)
1:00 pm - 3:30 pm
The Pretty Flower, also known as a Spokane (among many other names), is a longform that is centered on a slow, grounded Monoscene but includes fast-paced edits to explore funny ideas introduced in the central scene. Like a flower with petals or a wheel with spokes (get it?). It is an incredibly fun form that allows for a satisfying balance of slow-paced, honest improv and fast-paced, silly tag runs and you’ll learn all about it in this 4-week intensive course!
Performing a Pretty Flower well necessarily requires a tricky balance of improv skills. We’ll not only learn the basics of the form itself, but we’ll run exercises that train our brain to balance the grounded improv of a solid monoscene with high-energy, Game-based edits focusing on a single comedic idea. Perfect for any improviser interested in expanding their repertoire while also strengthening blind spots in their improv. You’ll learn a fun new longform AND leave with a new set of tools you can use in whatever style of improv you’re currently playing!
Student show: Saturday, June 25, 2022
General Course & Workshop Info
Please note: we are unable to offer refunds on workshop or course registration!
Please read our FAQs! (We’re pretty sure all your questions are answered there).
All of our standard 8-week courses include a student show, personal feedback and a Certificate of Completion*!
Health & Safety Requirements (as of July 2022)
- As long as free testing (“Bürgertest”) remains available, all courses and workshops at CCBTS are 2G+. This means all instructors and students must be Geimpft (vaccinated) or Genesen (recovered) from COVID-19, PLUS everyone must be tested before each class. You will be required to show proof of your vaccination or recovery on the first day of class. If you are medically unable to be vaccinated, please get in touch with us.
- If free testing is no longer available, all courses and workshops will be 3G. This means all instructors and students must be Geimpft (vaccinated), Genesen (recovered) or Getestet (tested within 24 hours) for COVID-19.
- If you are feeling unwell, please let your instructor know and stay home!
- FFP2 masks should be worn at all times unless students are actively performing in a scene or exercise.
- Courses & workshops will take place at Comedy Café Berlin where we have a brand-new, state-of-the-art ventilation and air filtration system.
- All students must read and agree to our School Policies and the above Healthy & Safety Guidelines.
- Students must be respectful to their fellow students and course instructors, and adhere to our Student & Teacher Code of Conduct and our Community Code of Conduct.
General requirements to successfully complete 8-week courses & intensives:
- All improv students are required to join and participate in at least one improv jam and see at least one improv show at CCB during the course.
- Students may not miss more than 2 out of 8 classes (there are no make up classes)
- Students may not be more than 15 minutes late to 4 out of 8 classes
Guest courses or workshops may have different requirements.
*upon successful completion of the course
Give the gift of good improv with CCBTS Gift Vouchers!