Advanced Forms: The Movie (with Josh Telson)
Sundays, November 20th - December 11th (4 Classes)
1:00 pm - 3:30 pm
The improvised movie is one of the most challenging long forms to do well, balancing comedy, organic improv, and narrative storytelling. In this 4-week course, we’ll give you all the tools you need to do it, and do it well!
We’ll dissect the basic structure of any film and map this to improv. We’ll run exercises that train our brain to recognize patterns and basic film tropes to ‘cheat’ our way through the narrative aspects of an improvised movie. Students will learn to use both dynamic physical acting and detailed live directing to recreate the feel of watching an actual movie.
No film experience required (you don’t have to be a movie nerd to learn this form)!
Please read through the General Course Info below before registering!
Student show: Friday, December 16, 2022
PREREQUISITES: ALL courses up to and including Level 3 at The CCB Training School
General Course & Workshop Info
Please note: we are unable to offer refunds on workshop or course registration!
Please read our FAQs! (We’re pretty sure all your questions are answered there).
All of our standard 8-week courses include a student show, personal feedback and a Certificate of Completion*!
Health & Safety Requirements (as of August 2022)
- Due to the elimination of state-provided free testing (“Bürgertests”), all courses and workshops are 3G. This means all instructors and students must be Geimpft (vaccinated), Genesen (recovered) OR Getestet (tested within 24 hours) for COVID-19. You will be required to show proof of your status.
- If you are feeling unwell, please let your instructor know and stay home!
- FFP2 masks should be worn at all times unless students are actively performing in a scene or exercise.
- Courses & workshops will take place at Comedy Café Berlin where we have a brand-new, state-of-the-art ventilation and air filtration system.
- All students must read and agree to our School Policies and the above Healthy & Safety Guidelines.
- Students must be respectful to their fellow students and course instructors, and adhere to our Student & Teacher Code of Conduct and our Community Code of Conduct.
General requirements to successfully complete 8-week courses & intensives:
- All improv students are required to join and participate in at least one improv jam and see at least one improv show at CCB during the course.
- Students may not miss more than 2 out of 8 classes (there are no make up classes)
- Students may not be more than 15 minutes late to 4 out of 8 classes
Guest courses or workshops may have different requirements.
*upon successful completion of the course
Give the gift of good improv with CCBTS Gift Vouchers!