- This event has passed.
Advanced Forms: The Deconstruction (with Trevor Silverstein)
Saturdays, May 7th - May 28th (4 Classes)
1:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Do you enjoy the balance of grounded, truthful improv with game-based absurdity? Are you interested in further exploring how these approaches can be performed together? The Deconstruction is a show format entirely inspired by one recurring relationship-based scene. Every detail, idea and reference contained in that slice-of-life is mined to create a tapestry of themes, absurdities and chaos
In this 4-week intensive course, you will learn a highly structured version of The Deconstruction. But emphasis will also be placed on taking an organic approach when necessary and letting the show define itself when need be. Players will be introduced to the concept of “Position Play,” which will reinforce their ability to recognize the types of scenes that commonly appear in shows. And what those scenes require of them as performers
The Deconstruction is a format that will allow you to stretch all of your improv muscles, pay close attention to your teammates and create a show that will dazzle audiences. Or at least leave them wondering what on Earth they just saw.
Student show: Saturday, May 28, 2022
Trevor Silverstein is a filmmaker/comedian performing in improv and sketch shows in Berlin since 2016. The Deconstruction was the staple format for Trevor and Nacho Sanguinetti in their collaboration as Double XL. Together, they hosted the monthly show “In the Lab with Double XL” which explored all kinds of improv formats and interviewed legendary improvisers from around the world. He can be seen regularly at Comedy Café Berlin with various groups including Fünfdollar, Action Jackson and Macro-dose with Trevor & Steindor.
General Course & Workshop Info
Please note: we are unable to offer refunds on workshop or course registration!
Please read our FAQs! (We’re pretty sure all your questions are answered there).
All of our standard 8-week courses include a student show, personal feedback and a Certificate of Completion*!
Health & Safety Requirements (as of July 2022)
- As long as free testing (“Bürgertest”) remains available, all courses and workshops at CCBTS are 2G+. This means all instructors and students must be Geimpft (vaccinated) or Genesen (recovered) from COVID-19, PLUS everyone must be tested before each class. You will be required to show proof of your vaccination or recovery on the first day of class. If you are medically unable to be vaccinated, please get in touch with us.
- If free testing is no longer available, all courses and workshops will be 3G. This means all instructors and students must be Geimpft (vaccinated), Genesen (recovered) or Getestet (tested within 24 hours) for COVID-19.
- If you are feeling unwell, please let your instructor know and stay home!
- FFP2 masks should be worn at all times unless students are actively performing in a scene or exercise.
- Courses & workshops will take place at Comedy Café Berlin where we have a brand-new, state-of-the-art ventilation and air filtration system.
- All students must read and agree to our School Policies and the above Healthy & Safety Guidelines.
- Students must be respectful to their fellow students and course instructors, and adhere to our Student & Teacher Code of Conduct and our Community Code of Conduct.
General requirements to successfully complete 8-week courses & intensives:
- All improv students are required to join and participate in at least one improv jam and see at least one improv show at CCB during the course.
- Students may not miss more than 2 out of 8 classes (there are no make up classes)
- Students may not be more than 15 minutes late to 4 out of 8 classes
Guest courses or workshops may have different requirements.
*upon successful completion of the course
Give the gift of good improv with CCBTS Gift Vouchers!