- This event has passed.
Acting for Improv – CANCELLED
Saturdays, May 11th - May 11th (1 Classes)
1:00 pm - 3:30 pm
PLEASE NOTE, THIS SESSION OF ACTING FOR IMPROV IS CANCELLED
You’ve got the improv chops, now it’s time to build up your performance skills! This 4-week course will teach students the basics of theatrical acting – everything from being aware of sight lines and breathing technique to rich character work and playing with emotional honesty – and apply that to improvised scenes and characters.
We will explore how to command the stage with focus and confidence, how to tap into our own experiences for powerful performances, how to engage with our scene partners and the audience, and much more. Students will leave the course with the right tools to become a more well-rounded performer and boost their improv game!
Student show: TBD
PREREQUISITES: Level 1 – Intro to Improv (or Improv Basics) AND BOTH Level 2 courses (Game of the Scene, Truth of the Scene/Honest Improv) at The CCB Training School or with Hive Improv, or a waiver from CCBTS to take this course.
Please note: we are unable to offer refunds on workshop or course registration!
Please read our FAQs! (We’re pretty sure all your questions are answered there).
- All students must read and agree to our School Policies.
- Students must be respectful to their fellow students and course instructors, and adhere to our Student & Teacher Code of Conduct and our Community Code of Conduct.
General requirements for 8-week courses & intensives:
- All improv students are required to join and participate in at least one improv jam and see at least one improv show at CCB during the course.
- Students may not miss more than 2 out of 8 classes (there are no make up classes)
- Students may not be more than 15 minutes late to 4 out of 8 classes
Give the gift of good improv with CCBTS Gift Vouchers!